Game Thread - ND, 1/15/2020

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
How is this game on the coach? They hit some big shots down the stretch, especially the one by Gibbs. I thought our coaches made some nice offensive adjustments throughout the game. The only complaint I have is that we didn’t adjust to the high screen on the defensive end quickly enough. Gibbs and Hubb killed us on the high Mooney screen in that second half.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Man I poured the last 3 fingers of eagle rare I had to watch the second half.

Ended up with that.

This one is going to hurt come end of season. If it is the one that holds us back from a tourney showing and the NCAA upholds the ban next season, then that’s the end of Jose and Mike.

Just a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The good thing is that this game won’t be the one to keep Tech out of the NCAAT this year. That blame will be evenly distributed to Arkansas, Georgia, Ball State, Syracuse, Notre Dame and whoever else Tech plays an embarrassing game against.

But I agree, if at all possible Tech should go ahead and drop the postseason ban appeal. If it’s not possible, the NCAA needs to make a decision before the year is out. Next year actually should be a tournament team, would be a shame to be banned.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Man did we get jobbed by the ACC refs at home on the goaltending call and right after that when the punk cleared out on Jose on the drive with the forearm. How do you miss those?
That notwithstanding, don’t you try to change defense or do something different when the opponent goes 10-12 against you?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We didn't play bad we have to do a better job at finishing at the rim when we get good looks. We probably left 10 points just from easy looks alone.

Also, eventually our guards have to be a bigger threat from outside. A huge point of that game was probably a sequence with about 4:30 left tied at 56 where we had a wide open 3, miss it, they get the ball go down the court and hit a 3. The game wasn't over at that point, but that would have given us a chance to take control in the last minutes of the game and not put us in the situation we found ourselves.

Also the second half defense was just not good. A lot of that was just poor one on one defense letting them get to far inside. But the decision to go small ball was a little baffling to me because while it might have been logical on the offensive end, it let them get into rhythm on the other end.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This game I felt would be the one that could turn the season around. Blowout BC, beat a tough ND squad and set up beating a down UVA team and go on a run.
Now, we probably get rolled by UVA, held under 40 and the season comes off the rails.
Drop the appeal and fire Bobby Brady’s looking ***!
Thought about going to south bend for the game and making the 3 hr trip. Now, not so much.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Can't believe how many times Hubb beat Jose on the dribble, leading to easy points. Can't believe Moses is still hacking up 3s at the worst possible time. Can't believe we commit a stupid foul after letting 20 sec run off the clock at the end. Can't believe the refs let Hubb shove Jose down for an easy bucket with no whistle.

Quickly becoming numerically impossible to make the dance this year. They've dug themselves a pretty deep hole to climb out of. Just hope they take the post season penalty this year before we get stuck with it next year, when hopefully we should have a better chance of making it.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
If we hadn’t needed Moses in the game for D and rebounding, Coach might have benched him for shooting that 3 near the end. He’s done it before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Really didn’t think this team would be 3-5 and 0-3 in the ACC at home.
Before this game, with UVA losing tonight(again), I thought we ought to beat them here this weekend. Now, I don’t know. What team will show up?