Game thread - @ Kentucky, 12/14/2019

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Kenpom says 14.

so when the line comes out in an hour it will be 13.5-15.

BBN covers that in the first half.

Pastner: 2-7 in true road games OOC at GTech.

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We're playing on the road against a top 10 team without our starting PG and only 9 total scholarship players available. It wouldn't surprise me to see us hang around because Kentucky is inconsistent and I think we they will present more opportunities to push tempo and as odd as it is to say I think it is more likely that we gain momentum against Kentucky than Cuse, because even if Cuse was playing poorly, banging our heads against the zone isn't something that I think we are good with, especially without Jose. That being said, I wouldn't touch any line with a 10 foot pole on this game because I could just as easily see them riding momentum to a big win

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We're playing on the road against a top 10 team without our starting PG and only 9 total scholarship players available. It wouldn't surprise me to see us hang around because Kentucky is inconsistent and I think we they will present more opportunities to push tempo and as odd as it is to say I think it is more likely that we gain momentum against Kentucky than Cuse, because even if Cuse was playing poorly, banging our heads against the zone isn't something that I think we are good with, especially without Jose. That being said, I wouldn't touch any line with a 10 foot pole on this game because I could just as easily see them riding momentum to a big win

Exactly, anyone that expects us to go into Lexington at anything less than full strength and win is just drunk!

It would have been an uphill battle with Jose at 100% and Jordan Usher in the starting lineup.

While it wouldn't surprise me at all to see us play well tomorrow evening, I'm not going to be upset if we get beat by double digits.

That said, I'm pretty confident that this game will not look anything like the Syracuse game.

Last edited:

GT_EE78

Banned
I know its what cjp said but (given the speed of internet) ,, four days seems like an excessive time for grade reporting...
is it possible we could see Jordan tonight?
has anyone checked the NCAA rulebook to see if "grade reporting" is in there?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
E4F2FD72-0669-4EFC-99D4-42EFDBC32462.jpeg
Does that include the action you'll have on the game?
Kept it light today.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Can we just .... look competent today? That's it. All I want for christmas.

#LoweredExpectations

Tourneybound20

Georgia Tech Fan
UK is one of the most overrated teams in the country...they have EJ Montgomery who's a problem but doesn't touch it as much as you'd think.They have a few slashing young wings who are there primary scorers but they're freshman and sophmores...Hagans is solid at the point but not dazzling...if we shoot the ball well we're in this game.We won't get overwhelmed on the boards by any means...we might actually be able to effectively offensive rebound and rim protect vs.there frontcourt.At this stage I'm taking Devoe over Hagans every day of the week...just a better offensive player all around...bigger etc...I think it comes down to our ability to shoot it whether it's Bubba,Jose,Price or Devoe.Looking for Moore and Wright to step up athletically too...they don't have big long wings so I believe those guys can effectively chip in on the boards and get some points on the baseline.Got a good feeling about this one!
...so far so good!We got this...

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I appreciate the fact that we're in this game, but I'd be shocked if by the halfway point, we're not down 15. Those offensive possessions the last 6-7 minutes were tough to watch.