Game thread - @ Kentucky, 12/14/2019

I fan 45

Georgia Tech Fan
After this Syracuse debacle, I think we have about as good a chance as the football team had against UGa

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
UK by a ton. That’s just being honest. We needed to win at least one of the UGA and Ark games regardless of circumstance. Unfortunately it’s just another Josh Pastner team. Boring, bland, uncreative on offense. But we play great defense and *enter sickness or injury which people think only we suffer from* so *enter team names* losses are acceptable.

standing by this

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ya know, I think we might win this one. We got a clear indication of what happens when we lost JA and a stout D hones in on MD. We will have had a week to work on what to do, with game film and the bad taste of a home loss in ACC Play in our mouths. I think, presuming we don't have the inconsistent ref garbage we did against Cuse, that we have got a shot at surprising some people. Cone included (tic)

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Grasping for any hope at UK following woeful outing against Orange.
>within one week UK plays GT, sneaky good Utah and then #3 Ohio State.
>after Ohio State, #1 Louisville is next.
>UK's young team just saw us get destroyed at home by 30 to avg record team.
Might we sneak up when they're looking forward? Like I said, grasping.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Cone - Everyone knows where you stand so I don’t really expect you to cut him any slack. Our roster is already thin on playmakers, but when our top facilitator (and one of our top scorers) goes down, it is going to impact us. Did you really expect our offense to look like a well oiled machine?

You can slice it however you like, every team faces injuries, but Jose IS the most important player on our team. We could afford to lose just about anyone else (aside from James or Michael) and it wouldn’t affect us nearly as much.

There’s still plenty of time for this squad to gel and beat someone they’re not supposed to in the non-conference.

Just don’t understand why everyone is going negative five games in. Especially considering we’re not 100%.
Me either!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Tourneybound20

Georgia Tech Fan
UK is one of the most overrated teams in the country...they have EJ Montgomery who's a problem but doesn't touch it as much as you'd think.They have a few slashing young wings who are there primary scorers but they're freshman and sophmores...Hagans is solid at the point but not dazzling...if we shoot the ball well we're in this game.We won't get overwhelmed on the boards by any means...we might actually be able to effectively offensive rebound and rim protect vs.there frontcourt.At this stage I'm taking Devoe over Hagans every day of the week...just a better offensive player all around...bigger etc...I think it comes down to our ability to shoot it whether it's Bubba,Jose,Price or Devoe.Looking for Moore and Wright to step up athletically too...they don't have big long wings so I believe those guys can effectively chip in on the boards and get some points on the baseline.Got a good feeling about this one!

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Let’s hope it’s not as much of a beat down as the Syracuse game for a number of reasons, including the fact that it is being televised on ESPN

alagold

Helluva Engineer
UK by a ton. That’s just being honest. We needed to win at least one of the UGA and Ark games regardless of circumstance. Unfortunately it’s just another Josh Pastner team. Boring, bland, uncreative on offense. But we play great defense and *enter sickness or injury which people think only we suffer from* so *enter team names* losses are acceptable.

I am really to the point that I think JA is more important to the team than Pastner. Without JA, JP can only press so many buttons even if he knew which ones to press (which is questionable).
JA handles the ball the best, he penetrates well , he is a threat from 3s and maybe most important he is disruptive on DEF and DEF rebounds. Pastner , er, does none of those things. So who would rather see at Ky, JA or JP.?

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
We've all been hoping and praying to see positive results for the last 4 years. Hopefully it happens. Otherwise I just spent 300 bucks on tickets to watch us get beat by 30 tomorrow
I hope you enjoy the game no matter what and realize we are without 2 of our best and most energetic players that will be playing soon.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk