Game Thread - Elon, 11/11/2019

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That was my solution - Sling Orange for $25 a month total. ACCN and ACCNX with a lot more. I also have NordVPN ($5 a month I think for 3 year plan) so I can get blacked out games.

My only gripe is that the replays don't allow forwarding - especially for baseball. I could record in OBS to get that capability but lose picture quality.

Also, since it's internet based, there is a delay of maybe 30 seconds to cable. That only matters if you are trying to chat with someone who is far ahead.

Looking forward to the game tonight which is usually the kiss of defeat.

If you don't join the game chat, do we know that you're the kiss of defeat?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Something to keep in mind for tonight...

Hunter McIntosh, a prolific scorer who played at GACA, is scoring 14/gm after 2 games. He'll be the guy that cans a few threes and people start saying wtf.

Between him and, moreso, Sheffield, don't be surprised if there's a large enough Elon crowd to make their voices heard.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I’m so happy to have basketball back, and I’m optimistic about the season.

I want to see a little improvement tonight especially in being consistent with our defense intensity (esp close outs on the 3 point line). The scenario that they win is we are sloppy with the ball and slow on covering the 3 point line.

This is a team we should beat easily, and I hope we see a deeper bench in the second half.

/

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I finished watching the NC State game today, and Khalid Moore really stood out. 6 steals, 3 Assists, 4 rebounds, 11 points, +8 when he was on the court. High energy, great defense, and opportunistic on offense. Reminds me a bit of another Moore....Clarence Moore. Final 4, here we come? :)

All we need now is a floppy-haired foreign 7fter to round out the bunch. Lookin at you, Saba

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Checking in from Section 104!! LFG!! Nice to see Quinton Stephens and Corey Heyward in the building!!

ETA: Smallest crowd I’ve ever seen at a GT basketball game including preseason exhibitions.