Game Thread - Elon, 11/11/2019

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Pastner is going to be here for several more years, especially while we may be under the shadow of sanctions & probation, but this Elon game will give us a look at a potential candidate for our next coaching search, Mike Schrage.

Schrage has a good big school coaching pedigree and strong local recruiting ties, having already landed several kids tied to local AAU programs.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
And Elon is lead by Marcus Sheffield...stanford grad transfer and my son in high school ball (aka held him to only 11...well once :whistle:)
Dang, thanks for pointing that out! My dad coached him in youth football along with my brother playing aside him for a year. Was just watching a bunch of youth football clips of my brother and I and noticed Marcus in there. Even when he was 8 he was a giant.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This ACC Network crap is horrendously frustrating. How the hell do you figure out whether the version of ACC Network you have is showing the game or not? I got the damn ACC Network but sometimes apparently I don’t have the right flavor and there’s no way to buy the full Monty in my area for some reason. There’s also no listing of what’s showing anywhere. They’ve made this about as screwed up as they could possible make it. No wonder they’re having subscription issues.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Elon will be coming in 2-0 on the season with a 90-84 win over Div 2 Mars Hill and a 95-54 win over Div 2 Milligan.

They like to play fast and shoot threes (28 of 63 in 2 games). They have 5 guys in double figures. They are not big with one player who is 6'8, 230 who plays 20 mpg and one player who is 6'7, 215 who plays 23 mpg. Everyone else is 6'6 or shorter. On defense GT needs to guard the perimeter and try to force them to drive into James and Moses.

They are excellent ballhandlers with 47 assts to 22 TO. Only 14 steals and 9 blocks in their 2 games.

They will be playing a Div 1 team for the first time this season on Monday. GT is going to have a massive advantage inside - need to take advantage of it.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This ACC Network crap is horrendously frustrating. How the hell do you figure out whether the version of ACC Network you have is showing the game or not? I got the damn ACC Network but sometimes apparently I don’t have the right flavor and there’s no way to buy the full Monty in my area for some reason. There’s also no listing of what’s showing anywhere. They’ve made this about as screwed up as they could possible make it. No wonder they’re having subscription issues.
Hulu TV || YouTubeTV = save money + no acc network confusion

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have YouTube TV but the game is not listed anywhere. Last time this happened it said it was on ACCNX only, not ACCN & I have no idea how to get the “X”.

ACCNX means it's not the main channel. It's a live event stream, as opposed to a channel that airs programming all day.

ACCNX is typically accessed through the WatchESPN app, which you may or may not have access to by plugging YouTube TV in as your access provider.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'm thinking I may want to score 2 tickets and go see them against Elon, after watching that first game vs N C State....

LibertyTurns

Banned
It is WatchESPN re-branded. There is no second network.

I am not sure why this is so confusing to GT people.
I tried the “logging into WatchEspn” tactic suggested the last time I got blocked. Not allowed in my area. I’m not a master of technology but I know how to log onto a website. It’s not hard. Getting around be blocked because of where you live, damn near impossible.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I tried the “logging into WatchEspn” tactic suggested the last time I got blocked. Not allowed in my area. I’m not a master of technology but I know how to log onto a website. It’s not hard. Getting around be blocked because of where you live, damn near impossible.

Have you tried contacting technical assistance on the app?

I remember you mentioning this problem and then blaming the GTAA, despite it not being their fault.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Depending on how serious you are, it can definitely be done. Sign up for a proxy server -- you can probably get a free trial, but even if you can't, I have seen ones that are pretty inexpensive. Once you have logged on through the proxy server, your location will show as the location of the proxy server and you should be able to view the game

LibertyTurns

Banned
Depending on how serious you are, it can definitely be done. Sign up for a proxy server -- you can probably get a free trial, but even if you can't, I have seen ones that are pretty inexpensive. Once you have logged on through the proxy server, your location will show as the location of the proxy server and you should be able to view the game
I’ll give that a try. That will probably work.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
These games used to be automatic but after the losses to Grambling etc the last couple years definitely more nervous. Good news is we’ve only got 4 of these games. Hopefully we can take care of business

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
These games used to be automatic but after the losses to Grambling etc the last couple years definitely more nervous. Good news is we’ve only got 4 of these games. Hopefully we can take care of business
The 3 is the difference-maker. Sounds like they heave up a bunch of ‘em.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow

I attended that nightmare. The highlight of the evening was Antico beforehand.