Game Thread - dook, 1/8/2020

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Heck of a game. Closer than the final spread.

Missed a good number of close in shoots, but Duke is damn good.

Down the stretch we shot 1 for 13... [emoji3525], We hammered the nails into our own coffin.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Two dry spells killed us. Including the 1 for 13 at the end.
141b3d25c3be3acb80766f0c45c5cf9e.jpg

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
8 losses. 5 out of conference. We have the potential to finish two games over .500 in the acc but our poor loss to Arkansas Ball St and UGA will kill us for post season play (if eligible)
We can only lose 5 games tops the rest of the year now....

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We had a chance at the end to win it at the end and that was the most I was really hoping for going in. We had some decent three point looks and got the ball inside down the stretch but couldn't convert. Banks had a great game 14 points, 15 rebs, 7 blocks, but he had some frustrating offensive possessions. Moses with a double double, Jose with 18 points 5 assists. Devoe didn't have a good night shooting but he still contributed 11 points, 4 assists, and 4 steals. Those 4 absolutely played right there with anyone Duke put out there, but not getting more from anyone else really hurt (although Bubba did make a pair of 3s).

Overall you have to be pleased with the way we played. The loss sucks because it could have really changed the story of the season so far but if we continue playing at the level we've seen the last two games it's going to be a very fun rest of the year.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Strong effort by Tech...nothing to hang your heads about. Duke has a lot of burger boys who are one and dones. Banks showed up big time and outplayed Carey at the position. Alvarado and Wright looked great also. Move on.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
That was a fun game to watch. Stinks we couldn’t finish the deal. We definitely play hard. Just didn’t execute down the stretch.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
- For the first time in memory, the officiating wasn't the story playing Duke
- Duke excellent and balanced team. Great defense and versatile offense
- Our starters outplayed theirs
- We need to figure out a better substitution pattern, and figure out how to use the backups better. For example Bubba is much better off the ball.
- If we hit some of the 3 pointers and most of the 3 footers we win this game
- Nice to have a home court again. I hope that continues.

/

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Good effort, the crowd/court looked great. We have to find a way to get some offensive firepower from the SF spot.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s coaching. It’s taken discrepancy. It was a great effort but it’s just not going to change until those things change. Always will stay a fan and root for Tech. The problem is losing the other games like Cuse and Ball State at home. That’s what we need to win

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
That Duke team has humbled teams better than us so stop complaining. It's not like they had an off night like UNC seemed to this past weekend either. I'm all on board complaining when we lose to ball state and I'm not one for moral victories, but not this game. Our coach and players did fine we just didn't have the depth needed. One more player might have given us a chance. If Usher could control his energy he'd be the best player on the court for us and we needed him tonight. Starting cold from 3 and the zone leaving our back door open all night did us in. Missed layups at the end was us being tired against fresh Duke legs

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I still think players like an Alex Connell would be a star for us. I find it so interesting that he is ok playing 13 mins or so on Duke. He would literally play 30-35 for us.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I am not seeing all the Pastner fan boys predictions coming true... This is the same tune as Coach Gregory!

We need a new coach...

Pastner may not be the guy, but the depth on this team compared to Gregory’s teams are night and day. Corey Heyward wouldn’t even sniff the court with this roster. He was getting significant minutes under Gregory.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Fought hard and played good. Banks looked like he was trying to blow up a bike tire with all the pumps. Too many times he would pump at the rim when he had an easy dunk/lay in. Gonna have to go on one hell of a run to get in to bubble contention. Don’t think we are consistent or secure enough with the ball to make that happen though.