Game day ritual (Irish addition)

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I will start the night before, by going thru the roster numerically in my head while trying to sleep. I've never started drinking before 7:30am before so that will be a game time decision for me. Fist bump my autographed Joe Ham picture before kickoff. Probably won't eat until halftime. Standard away game attire.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm interested in hearing what each of you are planning to do prior to and during the game early Sat morning. Typical tailgating is out the window even if you're on the Emerald Isle which most of us are not.

Me, I'll be at my beach condo with a view of the Atlantic just beyond my view of the tv. I'll be wearing my gold Roddy Jones #20 jersey and drinking an assortment of Irish beers including Smithwick's Irish Ale. I like Guinness, but I've had it in Ireland and the stuff you get over here pales in comparison. I'll likely start the day off with an Irish coffee, fried eggs and bangers (sausages). Gotta go get me some Baileys!

For lunch, I make a mean hot pressed cornbeef and swiss on rye. I just bought a sandwich press to make Cubanos and I've discovered it makes a lot of good pressers. Gotta pick me up some hot English mustard!
Gee, I want to join you.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I will be at the Mich St game the night before. Waking up at 7am (Stong chance I'll still be drunk) and heading to the hotel bar at the Crown Plaza. Only place open that early in East Lansing. I'll be drinking my usual crown royal with a splash of Coke. I'm debating on flying my GT flag at my house this year. I bought it and put it up a day or two before the ND game to piss of my Irish fan neighbor last year . I put it out every Saturday minus the FSU game because we had a horrible wind storm and we end up wining. So that tells me I probably shouldn't this year. So I feel partly responsible for last season. 3-0 w/o the flag. 0-9 with.

Attachments

• 20160831_193501.jpg
    20160831_193501.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 44

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I will be at the Mich St game the night before. Waking up at 7am (Stong chance I'll still be drunk) and heading to the hotel bar at the Crown Plaza. Only place open that early in East Lansing. I'll be drinking my usual crown royal with a splash of Coke. I'm debating on flying my GT flag at my house this year. I bought it and put it up a day or two before the ND game to piss of my Irish fan neighbor last year . I put it out every Saturday minus the FSU game because we had a horrible wind storm and we end up wining. So that tells me I probably shouldn't this year. So I feel partly responsible for last season. 3-0 w/o the flag. 0-9 with.
AH HA!!!
Finally found the culprit!!!! ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'll probably just avoid GTSwarm etc all morning and then watch the game at a normal time as a replay on espn3. Boo me.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I know it's a lot to ask, but could you fly a (u)GA flag every week this season?

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I think i will go to the Georgia State game on Friday to keep me busy and stay up all night so im ready for the 5 am pregame

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
I had a major conflict since opening day of Dove season is this Saturday afternoon. Thankfully after I notified the GTAA of my dilemma, they decided to have the game in Ireland so that I can enjoy both. Life is good!
Dove season always wins for me. 730 am kick certainly helps this year.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll be up early with the radio pre game show blaring. Around 7, some folks you know will be showing up to my house for a true Irish breakfast followed by some smash mouth football. We will see how rabid fans of GT FB our guests truly are. The gameday experience at my house is not for the faint of heart. I started digging trenches and laying out the barbed wire a few days ago. I am locked and loaded and my aiming stakes are set.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You guys are funny. Smash-mouth FB, drinking early, eating food that will harden your arteries...
Y'all are going to give us a bad rep. I'm going to have my normal Saturday breakfast of milk, Cheerios, yogurt. In recognition of our venue I will switch my English Breakfast tea to Irish Breakfast tea. All very civilized.:D

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
A bunch of my old pledge brothers (we graduated) are coming over Friday were going out Friday night coming back late Saturday morning and powering through and continuing to drink through our game and the rest of the day. Also have some buffalo chicken dip and some cheese dip with sausage that is going to be destroyed at some point with the munchies we will eat a lot. Gonna put on some lb's and lookin forward to it. Assume at some point I'm going to fall asleep but if I make it through the whole day Saturday I will be impressed with my self. Mind over matter.