Game day ritual (Irish addition)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm interested in hearing what each of you are planning to do prior to and during the game early Sat morning. Typical tailgating is out the window even if you're on the Emerald Isle which most of us are not.

Me, I'll be at my beach condo with a view of the Atlantic just beyond my view of the tv. I'll be wearing my gold Roddy Jones #20 jersey and drinking an assortment of Irish beers including Smithwick's Irish Ale. I like Guinness, but I've had it in Ireland and the stuff you get over here pales in comparison. I'll likely start the day off with an Irish coffee, fried eggs and bangers (sausages). Gotta go get me some Baileys!

For lunch, I make a mean hot pressed cornbeef and swiss on rye. I just bought a sandwich press to make Cubanos and I've discovered it makes a lot of good pressers. Gotta pick me up some hot English mustard!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm interested in hearing what each of you are planning to do prior to and during the game early Sat morning. Typical tailgating is out the window even if you're on the Emerald Isle which most of us are not.

Me, I'll be at my beach condo with a view of the Atlantic just beyond my view of the tv. I'll be wearing my gold Roddy Jones #20 jersey and drinking an assortment of Irish beers including Smithwick's Irish Ale. I like Guinness, but I've had it in Ireland and the stuff you get over here pales in comparison. I'll likely start the day off with an Irish coffee, fried eggs and bangers (sausages). Gotta go get me some Baileys!

For lunch, I make a mean hot pressed cornbeef and swiss on rye. I just bought a sandwich press to make Cubanos and I've discovered it makes a lot of good pressers. Gotta pick me up some hot English mustard!
OK dressed, I'm sold! If you're on the Atlantic I'm pretty sure I can be there from The ATL by 8-9 hrs. !

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I will be getting up around 6ish (kids usually get up at 6:30) to make some of my famous biscuits and gravy. Reminds me of my Anchorage days! Noon games kicked off at 8. Tech has a pretty good track record when I prepare my famous breakfast slightly before or during the game. I have a good feeling about this one!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to wake up at the crack of dawn living in the central time zone, around 5:30 am. I am then going to take my baileys Coffee creamer over to my parents house to watch the game with my dad where I will have breakfast (eggs, country ham, grits) waiting on me, and there will be a lot of boiled peanuts on the stove ready for a halftime snack. I will then head back home, to have about 8-10 friends over for the other games of the day, where I will celebrate with a lot of beer and BBQ that I will have on the smoker

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I was having a tough time figuring this out, 5:30 MT kick-off.

As of now the plan is for a tame game watching experience (I'll let you guys know how this works out ???) and then celebrate later through-out the day watching all the other games.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am more concerned about the team arriving and not having time to adjust to the time change. I go to London quite often and the first day after flying all night is a total loss. The next day is just groggy. I hope the team is not flight weary on Saturday. I think BC went a day earlier and that gives them a day longer to get acclimated to the time change. They probably don't start class until next week. I can't imagine our big guys able to get any meaningful sleep on the flight either--too cramped in those airline seats.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am more concerned about the team arriving and not having time to adjust to the time change. I go to London quite often and the first day after flying all night is a total loss. The next day is just groggy. I hope the team is not flight weary on Saturday. I think BC went a day earlier and that gives them a day longer to get acclimated to the time change. They probably don't start class until next week. I can't imagine our big guys able to get any meaningful sleep on the flight either--too cramped in those airline seats.
Haven't you heard, they're flying in a cargo plane. They can stretch out!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Probably begrudgingly roll out of bed about 5 minutes till and turn the TV on and hopefully find the game before falling back asleep. Coffee will be made during the first commercial break and coffee will again be made during maybe the third commercial break and maybe by the fourth quarter I’ll have enough consciousness to remember parts of the game.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I am lucky I will be sleeping in till 6:30 am then hopping up and getting my GT gear on and grabbing a cold beer and watch the pregame.

Won't be able to take a nap though will be to excited to start the season with a win.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Probably begrudgingly roll out of bed about 5 minutes till and turn the TV on and hopefully find the game before falling back asleep. Coffee will be made during the first commercial break and coffee will again be made during maybe the third commercial break and maybe by the fourth quarter I’ll have enough consciousness to remember parts of the game.
Tune the TV before you go to bed. Set the DVR just in case.

Rocket City Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Get up about 6:00am, that's sleeping in for me, and do my ritual morning bike ride for about 1.5 hrs. Make sure the Tivo is recording at 6:30 before I leave. Get back, jump in the pool to cool off and get a cup of coffee and watch the game without having to sit through the commercials. I'll probably crack a beer for the games later in the day.