• UVA by 7-13

Votes: 51 26.6%
  • UVA by 14+

Votes: 63 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
45-20 UVa. Another mini-Pitt game as the one game up one game down yo-yo continues.....

Make me eat my words Jackets!!
I agree with you on this one ............ Yo-Yo even during the game. BAAAD 1st quarter, better 2nd quarter. HORRIBLE 3rd quarter, better 4th quarter. You see , it takes us at least a quarter to try figure out the new wrinkles UVA ( and most teams ) have for us. We genuinely surprised Clempson with our 3-3-5 defense- Dabo said so. Still lost , but whipped a weak UNC OL with it. Pitt was not phased by it. Took a Hail Mary to beat a poor Duke team, that had otherwise whipped us in the 2nd half.
For this one, our "new " scheme and luck will not save us. HOOs 45 - Jackets 27

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Epically bad prediction for a ROAD game lol!
Well I was thinking we would lean into the 1990 anniversary (Covid cancelled the 30th, so 31st is the closest to that milestone). Also with the 1990 special on the ACC network, and the game in Charlottesville, that would be a good choice.

<checked picture of the 1990 GT vs UVA game>

Okay, I guess I should have looked into this more. I'm a relatively new fan (2010) and I thought the Gold, Blue, White look was iconified at the UVA game from 1990. I guess that jersey was made famous during the Citrus bowl that year. Ooops haha

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the Jackets 21-20. I think our defense will make enough plays, especially in the passing game. On offense, the right reads will be made 9/10 times and Gibbs/Mason/Sims run in big chunk plays.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
After coming off the off season with the NIU loss, if we come off this bye week and get handled then I may lose my mind. And I’m not talking about us winning either. Just look like we actually watched film, specifically of UVA and not reruns of Caddyshack, and created a plan to actually attack the other team and not just hope we get 3 turnovers.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
IMO, this game is going to be a blowout for one team or the other.

IF we can establish the run early, then I think we pressure them early which allows us to pull away.

IF we don't, then I think they can get their passing game going which forces us to move away from our strengths early in the game.

Hopefully we get Gibbs and crew rolling early..

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Again, I don't have a specific score. I voted for the Snobs by 7 - 13. I think that's about right, but we could win and they could slaughter us. Our pass D has been - shall we say - inconsistent this year.