Game 7 #GTvsUNC Media

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hate to agree with this but I am feeling the EXACT same way. UNC is hearing nonstop how bad they’ve played… how they’ve lost the fourth quarter… how they’re out of position and missing tackles… how the QB can’t hit their talented wide receivers (not to make you more nervous but did you hear them say that Tuesday was his best practice yet?) :oops:
I see a fan base that’s disinterested, a team that’s frustrated, and a staff and players not living up to potential. It could spiral on them if we smack them in the mouth. We need to provide them with PLENTY of “here we go again” moments. If we are flat and/or give them any confidence, this is going to be a really uncomfortable afternoon.
Maybe playing real conservative will work.
Bring in pyron , run the ball w jamel in gcg gap.
Punish them

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Would be poetic justice for Collins who seemed to always have a slight against Paul.
This is what just made me cringe about TFG. Why would you slight the guy you replaced? Especially so a guy who has multiple nattys and who took the program to heights so rarely seen post-Bobby Dodd? A future CFB HoF coach! It’s surreal. I think the answer is inferiority, but I can only imagine how strong those feelings must be to say the things he said about the program he inherited.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is what just made me cringe about TFG. Why would you slight the guy you replaced? Especially so a guy who has multiple nattys and who took the program to heights so rarely seen post-Bobby Dodd? A future CFB HoF coach! It’s surreal. I think the answer is inferiority, but I can only imagine how strong those feelings must be to say the things he said about the program he inherited.
You nailed it. That’s what did it for me. Just a total lack of class by a head coach that I’ve never seen before at Tech or just about anywhere else at a major program.

Funny thing is, usually you praise your predecessor while being all humble as a way to temper expectations and get the fan base united. But he basically said your former coach was crap, I’m one the best recruiters and coaches ever and wait and see just how elite we become. It was not just poor class, it was lousy PR strategy if you want a grace period for the program.

Well, he says he’s learned some lessons and grown from this experience. Anxious to see if that holds true Saturday.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Punish them
While I don’t advocate changing what we do… and as much as I like Pyron, we can’t take the ball out of Kings hands as a game plan… BUT, I wholeheartedly agree that sustained demoralizing drives is a really great sign for us. If we have a couple of those early, we will be rolling downhill in second half.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Punish them
Missed my edit but I watched the Duke / UNC game and somewhat ironically, Duke had very little success with inside run in first half. Their OL struggled communicating and UNC twisted LB on most plays… ended up with LB standing unblocked in running lanes. Duke in the 2nd half went to a little outside zone / stretch runs with success and then had HUGE cutback lanes. Looked like us vs FSU… LBs overpursuit and Duke OL just washed them out. Patient Duke backs had nothing but green on the back side.

slugboy

Staff member
Because boosters wanted that high school offense OVER AND DONE. He was trying to tip the hat and turn the page, but he’s not a diplomat, and ended up making everyone unhappy

The later stuff was “can’t you see I’m better and more modern than the last guy?” Again, lacking diplomatic skills.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Here is an AI view of someone suffering from narcissistic behavior. Pretty well describes Scoots.

AI Overview
Narcissistic behavior is characterized by a number of traits, including:

Grandiose sense of self-importance
People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) have an exaggerated sense of their own importance, and may expect to be recognized as superior even when they haven't achieved much.

Lack of empathy
People with NPD may have little ability to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others. They may also say things that hurt others, or see their feelings as a sign of weakness.
People with NPD may take advantage of others to get what they want, or use them to boost their own self-esteem.

Need for admiration
People with NPD may have an excessive need for admiration and attention, and may react with rage, shame, or humiliation when they don't get it.

Envy
People with NPD may be envious of others, especially when they are successful. They may also expect others to be envious of them.

Arrogance
People with NPD may behave in an arrogant way, and may come across as conceited

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Here is an AI view of someone suffering from narcissistic behavior. Pretty well describes Scoots.

AI Overview

People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) have an exaggerated sense of their own importance, and may expect to be recognized as superior even when they haven't achieved much.

Lack of empathy
People with NPD may have little ability to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others. They may also say things that hurt others, or see their feelings as a sign of weakness.
People with NPD may take advantage of others to get what they want, or use them to boost their own self-esteem.

Need for admiration
People with NPD may have an excessive need for admiration and attention, and may react with rage, shame, or humiliation when they don't get it.

Envy
People with NPD may be envious of others, especially when they are successful. They may also expect others to be envious of them.

Arrogance
Hey, no politics!!!

/joke

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

AI Overview

Lack of empathy

Need for admiration

Envy

Arrogance
You been watching Dr. Phil???

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
How about just focus on is and our game. The TFG vs CPJ junk is 5 years old now.

Move on and enjoy the moment people.
Actually this is brand new.

I thought we were through with TFG but I never dreamed that in his first coaching job after leaving Tech, and dissing Tech, he’d turn right around and play Tech.

You got to admit his ability to create drama lives on long after you think you are through with him. I’ll enjoy it if we win. Then it will be just a sweet Tech victory. If we lose it will be like we still aren’t past him screwing up our program.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The good news is that win or lose, Mack almost certainly retires after this year and Geoff will be out of a job again.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Actually this is brand new.

I thought we were through with TFG but I never dreamed that in his first coaching job after leaving Tech, and dissing Tech, he’d turn right around and play Tech.

You got to admit his ability to create drama lives on long after you think you are through with him. I’ll enjoy it if we win. Then it will be just a sweet Tech victory. If we lose it will be like we still aren’t past him screwing up our program.
Feels like everyone else is creating the drama and/or letting TFG live rent free in their heads.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Feels like everyone else is creating the drama and/or letting TFG live rent free in their heads.
Correct. I don’t care what the fans think, but hope CBK is able to get across the message that we don’t need “revenge” against Geoff Collins. Georgia Tech needs to win a football game against North Carolina. Geoff Collins being on UNC’s staff is just icing on the cake of victory. Don't get caught up in making it personal.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Stop their run game, and run ours efficiently and we win this
They can only beat us with an improved performance by their offense. So far their QB hasn't been that great. We are better offensively unless we turn it over or have too many penalties.