Game 4 #GTvsWF Postgame

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have never heard of this nor can I find anything on the interwebs that says the ACC reviews all touchdowns.
For plays inside the two-minute warning of each half, all plays during overtime, scoring plays (since 2011), and turnovers (since 2012), reviews can take place only if the replay official, who sits in the press box and monitors the network broadcast of the game, determines that a play needs review;

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
For plays inside the two-minute warning of each half, all plays during overtime, scoring plays (since 2011), and turnovers (since 2012), reviews can take place only if the replay official, who sits in the press box and monitors the network broadcast of the game, determines that a play needs review;

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have never heard of this nor can I find anything on the interwebs that says the ACC reviews all touchdowns.
Sorry, meant to quote this:
Replay officials review all challenges, all scoring plays (including open-field plays that could have resulted in a touchdown), all unsuccessful convert attempts, and turnovers stemming from fumbles or interceptions.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We will disagree here. I am thankful the booth chose not to review it.
who said the booth didn't review it? It doesn't take long to look at the back endzone footage and clearly see that that there's nothing to see. Had they thought there was something there, they would have stopped play. There's no doubt in my mind they reviewed it and decided it didn't need any further look.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
who said the booth didn't review it? It doesn't take long to look at the back endzone footage and clearly see that that there's nothing to see. Had they thought there was something there, they would have stopped play. There's no doubt in my mind they reviewed it and decided it didn't need any further look.

They announce reviews. They didn't announce a review. Like I said, I am thankful they didn't.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
They announce reviews. They didn't announce a review. Like I said, I am thankful they didn't.
They announce " further" reviews. Every scoring play is reviewed.

Every game has a head replay official with a crew. NCAA rules say they have to review every play of the game. They can stop a game whenever the crew head believes:

• There’s “reasonable evidence to believe an error was made in the initial on-field ruling”
  • The play is reviewable
  • The outcome of a review would “have a direct, competitive impact” on the game”

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So we should be thankful they didn't take the time to review this further.
I hear what you're saying. I don't agree, but, that's okay. It was a TD. I think they got it right. I think the booth looked at it and agreed the refs on the field got it right. I also believe, had they looked at it for an hour, the outcome would have been the same.

It seems you don't feel the same way. That, too, is valid. But, we're on to Bowling Green now!!!! Go Jackets.