Game 1 Media #FSUvsGT

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
FSU OC jokingly said he’s going to watch from a pub. But I’m wondering, what’s stopping him from being on a call the entire game with Norvell or somebody in the booth, while watching tv?

Or sneaking into the booth himself with the aide of FSU guys and just radioing in?

Anybody know the rules and NCAA practices to prevent little loopholes?
Let the SOB do whatever he wants. They are going to run the football until we stop it.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
The Locked On Seminole guy has turned cautious. Two weeks ago, he was telling the Seminole Nation that FSU would destroy Tech. He started doing some research after Tech's depth chart dropped and suddenly Florida State could lose. It's pretty funny- Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith are blaming the "Ireland thing" calling the game a coin flip. Brothers - I believe we are in good shape.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Tom Luginbille (sic) on blab fest says gt has far more answers coming back than FSU. HE SAID he Won't be suprised on Saturday.

On ACCN the big guy ( ex clemson ol) said King could be top acc qb.
The ACCN was very fair in there assessment of GT overall and there chances on Saturday. Wes was on there, but he shows no bias towards GT (at least publically) and I like Billy Packer and the Clemson guy gave us pretty good props ...

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
The ACCN was very fair in there assessment of GT overall and there chances on Saturday. Wes was on there, but he shows no bias towards GT (at least publically) and I like Billy Packer and the Clemson guy gave us pretty good props ...
Maybe hot take, but I don't like Wes calling GT games anymore. He almost goes Smoltzy trying to not be a homer. Very little excitement in his calling of big plays.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Confession.

I wish I was there !

Those of you who went are going to have a blast. My excuse for not going was two fold. I’ve never been able to get my wife to a game. She hates football. Also, I needed to plan a big trip for our 40th anniversary in July and couldn’t afford two out of country trips so close together.

You guys are going to have a blast!

I wish I was there !

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Maybe hot take, but I don't like Wes calling GT games anymore. He almost goes Smoltzy trying to not be a homer. Very little excitement in his calling of big plays.
with all due respect I completely disagree.

He has excitement, it's toned down a LITTLE because it's TV and not radio and because he can't be a homer. But if you watch the Miami and UNC games from last year he did a great job imo.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I second this. I love Andy, he does a great job and seems to truly love Georgia Tech. He and Joe have the potential to be the Al and Kim of my generation. I think it's more of Key's personality. Lol Key loves to **** around with media, mainly Kelly Quinlan.
I think where Andy made his biggest mistake was alluding to this being like a bowl game (in terms of logistics). Key has gone out of his way to say this isn't a bowl game, no planned activities and was going to make sure players understood this was a business trip. I think that definitely rubbed Key the wrong way.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

I feel like y’all kind of glossed over this so I want to bring attention to it. CBK is such a player’s/staff’s coach. Not one success is his, not one failure falls on anybody but him. He trusts all his staff and players and will go to bat for every single one of them. We are so lucky he’s the man in charge of our program’s culture.

When you take into account his wit and sense of humor, he’s probably one of the most likable coaches in the game right now.

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I like this picture. Sent by my brother from Ireland!

Attachments

• IMG_3815.jpg
    IMG_3815.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 102