FSU @ GT 1/30/2021

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
yes, I would like to place an order, please. Can I get some more Khalid Moore and a little less Bubba? Great, I would also like “Good Devoe” instead of “Bad Devoe.” I’ll also add hot-shooting Usher, “take over the game” Alvarado, and “Dunk everything” Moses. And finally, for the love of God, can I get a decent backup big man for a few minutes this game? Thank you, I will drive around.
I think you got everything you asked for lol

MidtownJacket

Staff member
That’s a savage set of stats:

Attachments

• FBC561BC-603F-4553-9A9F-BBD6381872AC.png
    FBC561BC-603F-4553-9A9F-BBD6381872AC.png
    773.5 KB · Views: 88

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
😂🤣😂🤣 1 game where he scores LIKE HE SHOULD EVERY GAME. And the other 2 he didn't even check in the game mentally.

Stop with the hard on for Devoe. He is good when he wants to be. Mr. Inconsistent should be his name. Alvarado on the other hand should be unquestionably 1st team All ACC this year. Moses Wright should be 1st or 2nd team as well.

Deleted member 2897

😂🤣😂🤣 1 game where he scores LIKE HE SHOULD EVERY GAME. And the other 2 he didn't even check in the game mentally.

Stop with the hard on for Devoe. He is good when he wants to be. Mr. Inconsistent should be his name. Alvarado on the other hand should be unquestionably 1st team All ACC this year. Moses Wright should be 1st or 2nd team as well.

Such a poor poor sad sack look.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer

Do you manage employees?
You don't know what is going on with him. Could be school, could be family, could be girlfriend...who knows? He is probably the best Pastner recruit out of HS (who knew Moses would develop like he has). It helps nothing to dump on him.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
He says he talked about a few things with the team:

the urgency needed on close outs as soon as the ball touched a player’s hand “the stick hand” get the hand out in their face before they catch it.

Bubba’s cousin died last week in an accident and so opted out of the game. Gave him some love and that they were dedicating the win to his family.

usher stayed high while on the bench. He stayed hype and kept his head up during the ride from the fouls.

Hyped Devoe for shot selection, rebounding, etc.

Called Moses a stud, then couldn’t find an adjective that could summarize Jose.

Said he told Devoe “we don’t need tou to score for us to win, just be a complete player, if you Miss you miss. That’s fine” then something to do with just make sure the fundamentals are good.

He also was positive on Kyle for being active in D, was good moving the ball and played good minutes inside of what he is being asked to do (I read into this to confirm what some of us - myself included- have been saying that his role right now is to do EXACTLY what he is doing.) felt good to hear.

Called the win a gritty, tough, scraping game.

No comment on the ED or nuts.com commercials.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely phenomenal win.

Jose has been on an absolute scorching run of games. 6th game of the last 7 scoring 20 or more. Averaging nearly 5 steals a game the last 4 games. Over 5 assists per game the last . Shooting great. Defending greater. I'm biased but he's the frontrunner for PoY in the ACC for me. I know people are gonna love on the bubblyguy for Pitt and he's had a great year, but he doesn't impact the game the way Jose does.

Moses had another just all around good game. Padded the scoring stat a bit at the end but even before then he was contributing offensively, rebounding well, and playing defense like a madman.

Devoe with a good hard bounce back win. Shot wasn't always falling but he certainly came through in the clutch. It's amazing the things that are said about him at time considering how productive he has been for us.

Moore, Usher, and Sturdivent all held their own on the defensive end, because FSU is the type of team where if you have a weak link defensively they will take advantage and there wasn't really one tonight.

Overall, I don't feel like FSU played their best. But that happens to every team, and we still had to play well to capitalize on it. Especially impressive since we didn't have one of our better shooting nights. We've played arguably the hardest conference schedule so far with 5 of our 7 games coming against teams currently in the top 6 of conference play, and yet are 4-3 in conference. If this team can continue to play like it has so far this year, we could see a very strong finish.