FSU @ GT 1/30/2021

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The first time we played them the game was very even in most ways, except they shot better. Especially from three. I said after the first game that I thought fsu was going to end the year the best team in the acc and it was a matter of trying to get them before they geled. Its going to be hard to beat them but this team has shown the ability to shoot well enough to win the game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good news: FSU doesn't always play to their talent. Maybe they're overly confident from winning the first time around.

Bad news: When they do play to their talent, they can flat embarass teams. We didn't play too bad against FSU, they just kept making runs that separated them from us. Moses is gonna have a tough game...their bigs are longer and even more athletic than him. Moses didn't have a bad game, but you could definitely tell he was gonna have to work for everything.

Usher had a pretty good game against them the first time, and I think he's improved a LOT since then. He's one of the few players we have that we can get mismatches with because of his length and athleticism. Moore with his length and athleticism will be key as well on the defensive end.

Another thing, Alvarado wasn't really himself that game, and we all know when Jose is "Jose", we can play with any team.

Will be an interesting game. This is the ACC...really no easy games. From an NCAAT resume standpoint, this would be a VERY good win.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We seem to be a completely different team at home. Make shots, unlike the game in Tallahassee, we should be able to pull it off. We’re gonna need to get Saba and Howard involved in this one though. We need size down low for a chunk of minutes. FSU is too big and will kill us on the glass and in the paint if we roll with Moses, Ush and Moore all game.
If we want to talk about getting back on the bubble or in the tournament, we have to win tomorrow. If we can find a way to win this and at Louisville, we could be on to something.

Last edited:

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
yes, I would like to place an order, please. Can I get some more Khalid Moore and a little less Bubba? Great, I would also like “Good Devoe” instead of “Bad Devoe.” I’ll also add hot-shooting Usher, “take over the game” Alvarado, and “Dunk everything” Moses. And finally, for the love of God, can I get a decent backup big man for a few minutes this game? Thank you, I will drive around.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think we have a shot today. We learned a lot from the last out against them. We can’t survive with 40 minutes of small ball.
Making more shots resolves some of the pressure for offensive rebounding but we are going to need one of the BackUpBigs™ to wake up angry and hungry and out for devastation. I’m calling a big game for Saba, I have got a feeling he might make some noise today.

slugboy

Staff member
yes, I would like to place an order, please. Can I get some more Khalid Moore and a little less Bubba? Great, I would also like “Good Devoe” instead of “Bad Devoe.” I’ll also add hot-shooting Usher, “take over the game” Alvarado, and “Dunk everything” Moses. And finally, for the love of God, can I get a decent backup big man for a few minutes this game? Thank you, I will drive around.
Based on the last group of games, I'd like to see more of Khalid Moore too. He's earned more minutes, and he's outplayed people in front of him.

I'm not sure how to match up with FSU. My fan view is that I'd like to see Saba or Howard or ideally both get in the game and play well and match up against FSU's frontcourt, but they haven't won their spots on the court so far. Saba, even in extremely limited minutes, looks a lot better than he did in game 1--but is he even close to quick enough for ACC play yet?

FSU will grind us down, so either the starting 6-7 are going to have to be gritty and low-foul, or we'll need to go deeper into the bench in the first half so that we've got energy for the second. I don't see us going deeper into the bench, though--it's not Pastner's game.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Just need to score at least one more point than FSU does. I don't care a flip on how we do it, just need a W tomorrow.
That’s for sure. According to CBS Sports bracketologist Jerry Palm, we’re not even on the bubble right now. Gonna take a winning streak to overcome those two season-opening ugly losses.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Someone not make warmups? Hope it’s not Jose, Moses or Devoe.

Not sure why he is putting this behind a paywall, we’ll find out eventually 🙄

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So Sturdivant probably gets the start and we run a 6 man rotation lol.

Or Moore given FSU's length and athelticism. No way Moses plays all 40...I hope. Spot minutes to Howard and Saba...I hope part 2.

We'll see. Less than 30 minutes till tipoff.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Saba's going to have to play today and, by my measurements, it would be a wonderful day for his coming out party.
Saba or Howard needed to be playing all year to try and get them ready for ACC play because we were going to need them. Unfortunately we didn't really make any attempt to make that happen so don't expect any sort of coming out party, especially against a team like FSU.

Also, screw the ACC network.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Okay. I've talked to the coaching staff. Look for more Moore, much, much less Bubba.