@FSU Baseball

How many games will GT win @FSU? Assume 3 games played!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
What a back and forth emotional roller coaster. Score 3 to go up by 2. Then give up 3 to go down 1 (again). Then get 2 in the 9th to sneak back in front and then survive a (what looked like) 400 foot out to dead center field in the bottom of the 9th. WIN!

Still on the bubble. Need at least 1-1 next week.
Yep. This should vault our RPI up to around 45 going into the ACC tourney. Still need one more win, IMO.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
True, it's like Danny thought this was a Saturday in April and we still had a game to play tomorrow. Really was odd. In chat I was calling for anyone but Stanford, but credit to him, he got the job done!

Now we are in a 3-way tie for 8th with Virginia Tech and Wake assuming that Va. Tech doesn't give up a 5 run lead to UVa. I can't figure out how to interpret the tie-break rules, but I think Wake gets 8 and we get 9. IMO that 8 seed is valuable as it means a game with Pitt instead of a game with UVa and another game with FSU. But Pitt has won two weekends in a row, so maybe we don't want them.
I don't like the tiebreaker in this situation. If VT, GT, WF all tie... I believe it's VT WF GT ... in that order.

VT was 1-2 v UNC
WF & GT 0-3
That puts VT at #8

WF was 3-0 v Clemson
GT was 1-2
That puts WF at #9 & GT #10

This is only info I could find. Dated 2021.

Three-or-More Team Tie for Seeds Three Through 12
In the case of a three-team tie for seeds three through 12 among non-divisional opponents, if any procedure reduces the tie by one team and two teams remaintied, the Two-Team Tie procedure for seeds three through 12 will be followed, comparing only the remaining tied teams. In the case of a tie among more than three non-divisional opponents, if any procedure reduces the tie by at least one team, then the Three-or-More Team Tie procedure for seeds three through 12 for non-divisional opponents will be restarted.

1) Winning percentage in head-to-head conference game results.
2) Winning percentage against the common opponent(s) occupying the highest position in the overall standings and continuing down through the overall standings until the tie is reduced by one or more teams.
3) If a blind draw is required, the procedure takes place immediately following the conclusion of the last regular-season game prior to the conference championship. The procedure is administered by the Commissioner or a designated assistant.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't like the tiebreaker in this situation. If VT, GT, WF all tie... I believe it's VT WF GT ... in that order.

VT was 1-2 v UNC
WF & GT 0-3
That puts VT at #8

WF was 3-0 v Clemson
GT was 1-2
That puts WF at #9 & GT #10

This is only info I could find. Dated 2021.

Three-or-More Team Tie for Seeds Three Through 12
In the case of a three-team tie for seeds three through 12 among non-divisional opponents, if any procedure reduces the tie by one team and two teams remaintied, the Two-Team Tie procedure for seeds three through 12 will be followed, comparing only the remaining tied teams. In the case of a tie among more than three non-divisional opponents, if any procedure reduces the tie by at least one team, then the Three-or-More Team Tie procedure for seeds three through 12 for non-divisional opponents will be restarted.

1) Winning percentage in head-to-head conference game results.
2) Winning percentage against the common opponent(s) occupying the highest position in the overall standings and continuing down through the overall standings until the tie is reduced by one or more teams.
3) If a blind draw is required, the procedure takes place immediately following the conclusion of the last regular-season game prior to the conference championship. The procedure is administered by the Commissioner or a designated assistant.

I don't know, 10th puts us with NC State & Louisville while 9th puts us with FSU & UVA and 8th puts us with UNC & WF. 10th might be the best pool to be in for us.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
This tweet, fwiw.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518-191302.png
    Screenshot_20240518-191302.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 72

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
VT is still playing... with a lead.
Fred, here is the part that I can't figure out how to interpret. However, if you take it at face value, Wake wins since they are 3-0 against us and Va Tech, we are 2-1, and Va. Tech is 1-5. It doesn't seem right since not all 3 teams played, but it doesn't say anything about all 3 teams having to play for this tie-break to count.

• When comparing records against a single team or group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail even if the number of games played against a team or group of teams is unequal. If winning percentage of the tied teams is equal against a team, or a group of tied teams, continue until one team gains an advantage. For example, 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-3.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fred, here is the part that I can't figure out how to interpret. However, if you take it at face value, Wake wins since they are 3-0 against us and Va Tech, we are 2-1, and Va. Tech is 1-5. It doesn't seem right since not all 3 teams played, but it doesn't say anything about all 3 teams having to play for this tie-break to count.

• When comparing records against a single team or group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail even if the number of games played against a team or group of teams is unequal. If winning percentage of the tied teams is equal against a team, or a group of tied teams, continue until one team gains an advantage. For example, 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-3.
I don't think that applies. It's 3 non-divisional teams tied. They all didn't play each other. So... it goes to records v highest seeds (one at a time) that all three played. All 3 played UNC & Clemson

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think that applies. It's 3 non-divisional teams tied. They all didn't play each other. So... it goes to records v highest seeds (one at a time) that all three played. All 3 played UNC & Clemson
I agree that is most logical, but it doesn't say that. It doesn't say anything about all 3 teams having to play each other.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Warren Nolan still has us being swept by FSU based on game being completed yesterday in 7 inn.

Yes, I saw that, but official NCAA page has it correct. So we don't need to do another write-in campaign like we did about the Coolray Field game against UGa.