@FSU Baseball

How many games will GT win @FSU? Assume 3 games played!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We are down to a minimum of ACCT 2 games and 6 outs. Ironic how close things are cut.

I am really impressed by FSU sportsmanship. They have the win if the game is called since leading after 7. It would be easy for them to manufacture reasons.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
FSU has already won the game, if they acted like everyone else and found a way not to finish it. They are doing the exact opposite and going above and beyond to finish it. That separates them from a lot of other teams in how they handle these situations …… including us.
It hurts to say good things about FSU, but I think you and Nuke are correct here.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What a back and forth emotional roller coaster. Score 3 to go up by 2. Then give up 3 to go down 1 (again). Then get 2 in the 9th to sneak back in front and then survive a (what looked like) 400 foot out to dead center field in the bottom of the 9th. WIN!

Still on the bubble. Need at least 1-1 next week.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I cannot believe how slow the hook was in the 8th. After the walks, Riley should have taken the mound.
True, it's like Danny thought this was a Saturday in April and we still had a game to play tomorrow. Really was odd. In chat I was calling for anyone but Stanford, but credit to him, he got the job done!

Now we are in a 3-way tie for 8th with Virginia Tech and Wake assuming that Va. Tech doesn't give up a 5 run lead to UVa. I can't figure out how to interpret the tie-break rules, but I think Wake gets 8 and we get 9. IMO that 8 seed is valuable as it means a game with Pitt instead of a game with UVa and another game with FSU. But Pitt has won two weekends in a row, so maybe we don't want them.