@FSU Baseball

How many games will GT win @FSU? Assume 3 games played!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
It hurts to say good things about FSU, but I think you and Nuke are correct here.
Let's hold off before anointing them with sainthood. They had a very good reason to finish the game. A win would possibly get them a top 4 seed in the ACC tournament which is huge. By not finishing the game they diminish the chance for that top seeding.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Watching the UVA/VT game now. They've announced we're playing UNC and Wake.

UVA and FSU will be 4/5, with UVA getting 4 with the win tonight.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm lost.

A 1/8/9 pool would be a new way of doing it.

Has been 1/8/12 for years.
Who are the announcers? If its the UVa version of Andy Demetra (not a knock on Andy), IOW, just some team p-b-p guy who usually does other sports, I would assume that they are just wrong. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Who are the announcers? If its the UVa version of Andy Demetra (not a knock on Andy), IOW, just some team p-b-p guy who usually does other sports, I would assume that they are just wrong. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
They just put up another graphic an inning or so later... had the pool seeds correct with teams in each. But for some reason not acknowledging the outcome of their game shuffles things quite a bit. Had UVA 5th & VT 10th... which I think isn't possible.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
They just put up another graphic an inning or so later... had the pool seeds correct with teams in each. But for some reason not acknowledging the outcome of their game shuffles things quite a bit. Had UVA 5th & VT 10th... which I think isn't possible.
This would be consistent with my very uncertain interpretation of the 3-way tie breaker. I've got it as Wake, us, Va Tech.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how things REALLY work.

Why was the game resumed?

I know some decisions is on umpires (teams have no control) after a game begins. Does that include "forcing" a visiting team to stay overnight an additional night? [I realize it wasn't additional from original schedule but became additional (in a way) after DH was scheduled]

How much do teams control over the decision? Some "games" can be played by home team with ground crew doing things to keeping field unplayable. All of that can & does happen.

Is the ACC involved? No idea.

Was there a Ramsey factor here? IF the FSU announcers are any indication... CJR is revered. Did that respect the FSU program has for him play into it in any way?

Of course, one possibility is more simple... that's just how all the parties involved roll. They knew there was the opportunity to finish the full game & all the weasly stuff wasn't even considered.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I wonder how things REALLY work.

Why was the game resumed?

I know some decisions is on umpires (teams have no control) after a game begins. Does that include "forcing" a visiting team to stay overnight an additional night? [I realize it wasn't additional from original schedule but became additional (in a way) after DH was scheduled]

How much do teams control over the decision? Some "games" can be played by home team with ground crew doing things to keeping field unplayable. All of that can & does happen.

Is the ACC involved? No idea.

Was there a Ramsey factor here? IF the FSU announcers are any indication... CJR is revered. Did that respect the FSU program has for him play into it in any way?

Of course, one possibility is more simple... that's just how all the parties involved roll. They knew there was the opportunity to finish the full game & all the weasly stuff wasn't even considered.
I think it was because the completion of the game had meaning for both teams. At that point FSU was still fighting to get one of the top 4 seeds in the ACC tournament which is a HUGE advantage. And we were fighting for our NCAA tournament lives. Had FSU not still been alive for a top seed we might not have seen the game finished but I guess we will never know.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it was because the completion of the game had meaning for both teams. At that point FSU was still fighting to get one of the top 4 seeds in the ACC tournament which is a HUGE advantage. And we were fighting for our NCAA tournament lives. Had FSU not still been alive for a top seed we might not have seen the game finished but I guess we will never know.

Again, I think if FSU had just not agreed to play any more, they would have been credited with the win. We were through 7 since they were ahead and the home team.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Again, I think if FSU had just not agreed to play any more, they would have been credited with the win. We were through 7 since they were ahead and the home team.
Yeah but can a team can just 'not agree to play any more' without it being a forfeit? If the league decides the game goes on, it goes on.