Freeman big jump

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our 3 stars ars as good or better than the mutts 5 stars.

Freeman: Tackles: 54 TFL: 9.5 TFL yds: 35 Sacks: 4.5 Sack yds: 23 QB hurries: 3 Forced fumbles: 1 Pass breakups: 1 Blocked kicks: 2
Uga's L. Carter: Tackles: 41 TFL: 7 TFL yds: 41 Sacks: 4.5 Sack yds: 36 QB hurries: 11 Forced fumbles: 0 Pass b/u: 0 Blocked kicks: 0

Looking forward to seeing more great play from Freeman. The hype machine may not have blown him up coming out of high school but his play speaks for itself. May opposing QBs beware this year.
I'd be interested to see those numbers compared to total number of snaps each player saw. If you do more in less time, does that make you better?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Freeman started every game. I think Carter started 7 or 8. But you also have to factor that Carter was facing weaker competition in the SEC:LOL:
You used a laughing emoji at the end of your comment, but I think what you said holds weight. I would contend that our schedule was harder than Georgia's last year. Forget any of the SoS lists because they'll have the SEC artificially inflated. uga didn't play Alabama, MSU, Ole Miss or LSU. I think Auburn was overrated last year. They lost to USCe and Florida.

Granted, we did have an extra game, playing against FSU in the ACCCG.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I hope Freeman makes a big jump. He needs to and we need him to. For a true frosh he had a pretty good impact. He made some plays. However, let's face it, he was nothing more than a bit of a bright spot on an otherwise unproductive DL. He had 4.5 sacks AND LED THE TEAM. Don't get me wrong, I have been singing his praises and I believe he will be really really good before he leaves here. I sincerely do. If truth be told, he should have RS last year and lived in the weight room. However, we couldn't afford to sit him because of depth issues. He was severely undersized and that wasn't really fair to him, but hey, the kid competed. Kudos to him.
Agree with all of this but would simply add that Freeman more than competed. He actually helped us win some critical games.
The rest of the guys really didn't add much in the way of quality depth.
I have said this before but I am waiting for someone else to verify my observations. Simmons played extremely well in the Orange Bowl. The problem was that he was being held on virtually every play. My diagnosis is that if he can gain 15-20 pounds of muscle it will be harder for offensive linemen to hold him and get away with it.