Freeman big jump

thwgjacket

Eric, if you had to put a percentage chance that Jabari will make the necessary grades, what would that be?
Judging from the fact that the coaches are letting him play with the first string D, and that he's still out there at all, would indicate chances are above 50%.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I sure hate to think like this but I wonder if he wishes he went to a factory school and took the easy route like most 4 stars do

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I sure hate to think like this but I wonder if he wishes he went to a factory school and took the easy route like most 4 stars do

I dearly hope I drive from NW fla to ATL to see this young man , take a giant step on to bds before he does something even better - becomes a Ga Tech Graduate .

What a away to bring 2014 into 2015

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I really, really feel for Jabari. We all know how hard it is to make A's at GT. It's even harder when you're past your second year, and you need even more of them -- just a couple of good classes won't do the job any more at that point. You have to ace nearly everything. :(

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer

Thing is if he pulls this off it will be the greatest triumph of his young life. Hell even if he fell just short but learned how to be a good student that is transformative.

I think he ends up better off at GT as long as he gets the degree and learns how to work as a student.

Would play more at a factory but then if no NFL he is screwed for life with worse degree, little condfidence in himself, and no knowledge of how to work off the field.

Right now he is developing as a person, which in the end is by far the most importang thing.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Getting back to Freeman, I remember the last time someone played DE as a frosh at LB weight. That was Gerris Wilkinson. He ended up with the pros and had a good career. I wouldn't be surprised to see Freeman end up the same way.

But didn't he move back to LB?

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
It's not always a matter of want to.
i wouldn't recommend moving freeman to OLB because he's our best DE, but I'm fairly confident he could play the position at a high level. He has the motor, instincts, and speed for it certainly. IF some other DE recruits start to pan out at a high level( Whitehead, Simmons, Merriweather, Anree) we could see him maybe move back in order to get more of these guys on the field. I almost think Freeman's ceiling is higher at OLB due to his frame, he's not going to get to 270ish like most NFL teams want their DE's. He's a bit of a tweener frame wise.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
i wouldn't recommend moving freeman to OLB because he's our best DE, but I'm fairly confident he could play the position at a high level. He has the motor, instincts, and speed for it certainly. IF some other DE recruits start to pan out at a high level( Whitehead, Simmons, Merriweather, Anree) we could see him maybe move back in order to get more of these guys on the field. I almost think Freeman's ceiling is higher at OLB due to his frame, he's not going to get to 270ish like most NFL teams want their DE's. He's a bit of a tweener frame wise.
My comment was in reference to JHD making grades.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our 3 stars ars as good or better than the mutts 5 stars.

Freeman: Tackles: 54 TFL: 9.5 TFL yds: 35 Sacks: 4.5 Sack yds: 23 QB hurries: 3 Forced fumbles: 1 Pass breakups: 1 Blocked kicks: 2
Uga's L. Carter: Tackles: 41 TFL: 7 TFL yds: 41 Sacks: 4.5 Sack yds: 36 QB hurries: 11 Forced fumbles: 0 Pass b/u: 0 Blocked kicks: 0

Looking forward to seeing more great play from Freeman. The hype machine may not have blown him up coming out of high school but his play speaks for itself. May opposing QBs beware this year.

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Our 3 stars ars as good or better than the mutts 5 stars.

Freeman: Tackles: 54 TFL: 9.5 TFL yds: 35 Sacks: 4.5 Sack yds: 23 QB hurries: 3 Forced fumbles: 1 Pass breakups: 1 Blocked kicks: 2
Uga's L. Carter: Tackles: 41 TFL: 7 TFL yds: 41 Sacks: 4.5 Sack yds: 36 QB hurries: 11 Forced fumbles: 0 Pass b/u: 0 Blocked kicks: 0

Looking forward to seeing more great play from Freeman. The hype machine may not have blown him up coming out of high school but his play speaks for itself. May opposing QBs beware this year.
O but you forgot Carter is playing against SEC speed and Freeman isn't. TIC