1. full commitment to opton football which our team and coach are built for.
2. Getting healthy in the secondary in a pass happy league. (Yes we lose Jamea, but we gain I. J., and Golden along with Step Durham)
3. Vad + Sims while talented turned the ball over at prolific rates, which was disastrous
4. O-Line gets healthy and keeps Shaq Mason (loss of Finch hurts)
5. Team starts with 3 winnable games which will be great for breaking in JT and builing confdence/ridding locker room cancers (or do the opposite).
In saying we're closer to 4-5 wins you're saying we are closer to doing something we've never done under CPJ or even Chan Gailey (go below .500 in ACC play) than we are to going 5-3 in the ACC and winning against Wofford, Tulane, and GA Southern.
Now get back to me about being analytical. I'm not saying we're definitely going to be in the inaugural playoff, but don't claim realism and objectivity, when it's just pessimism.
I am with you.......I say bare minimum 7 wins with our schedule - 8-9 should be expected, 10 with lucky bounces, no injuries etc. Even with a great year, we will likely lose a couple close ones.I don't see running the table......few teams ever do, and without running the table there is no likely playoff berth from coming out of the ACC