For those that don’t get the ACC Network...

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My best friend has used Youtube TV and a variety of other services for a couple of years and keeps telling me to tell the cable guys to shove it. In general, I agree, but there's one problem.

What if I have the option of watching good movies all the time? My fear = I'll never get out of my easy chair again! Sooooooo … despite being perhaps out of luck for the game, I'll keep the cable for awhile. At least, I can turn it off without feeling that I've missed something.

I could use that Reddit link, however.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My best friend has used Youtube TV and a variety of other services for a couple of years and keeps telling me to tell the cable guys to shove it. In general, I agree, but there's one problem.

What if I have the option of watching good movies all the time? My fear = I'll never get out of my easy chair again! Sooooooo … despite being perhaps out of luck for the game, I'll keep the cable for awhile. At least, I can turn it off without feeling that I've missed something.

I could use that Reddit link, however.
I have used YouTube TV for a few days and love it. Free DVR feature is nice.

wreck1

Georgia Tech Fan
So I sign up for a Reddit account and when the link is posted I go there and sign in with username and password and watch the game? Is it that simple? Is it real time? What are the drawbacks? Does YouTube TV do anything better?

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
I signed up for YouTube tv and now my cable provider COX, my internet connection now magically sucks whenever I stream something from YouTube TV - Unreal!

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
So I sign up for a Reddit account and when the link is posted I go there and sign in with username and password and watch the game? Is it that simple? Is it real time? What are the drawbacks? Does YouTube TV do anything better?
No account needed. Tomorrow night, I’ll post a link on here. It should work and be as simple as:
1) you click the link
2) click the play button in the video that pops up
3) you see Tech pull off one of the greatest upsets in CFB history

I sent a link to my coworker last weekend to watch the Miami game. It was as simple as what I posted. I hope to have the link posted well before this time tomorrow night

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
There is maybe a minute lag compared to real time on say cable. That’s the only honest drawback I can think of

stech81

Helluva Engineer
No account needed. Tomorrow night, I’ll post a link on here. It should work and be as simple as:
1) you click the link
2) click the play button in the video that pops up
3) you see Tech pull off one of the greatest upsets in CFB history

I sent a link to my coworker last weekend to watch the Miami game. It was as simple as what I posted. I hope to have the link posted well before this time tomorrow night
That would be great thanks

So before I start, full disclosure, I work for Comcast Business and I have complained up as far as I can. So wait till tonight and go down to my Smart Visio TV. Sign up for Hulu. Find out I need to get on the computer to sign up for live. Then find out my app on the TV does not support live and no way to down load. I am able to get it on a computer and have HDMI my lap top to the TV, but the quality is basically SD. Went to order Amazon fire stick, not delivered until Friday. But getting it because next two games are on ACCN. I am pissed. Where is the Tylenol.

LibertyTurns

Banned
When I activated youtube and test ran ACC Network last night I could have swore it said there were only 169k subscribers. Can that be correct or is that direct subscribers not stuff like a cable company added you to the package?

Most people at work were shocked yesterday when I told them the game was on ACC Network and they needed Direct Tv in my area to get it. They were planning on flipping on ESPN and watching it that way. There’s going to be a lot of casual fans pissed Friday morning. Way to go Swofford! Nothing does better for ACC promoting than putting your games on a channel nobody can watch without a lot of effort.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
When I activated youtube and test ran ACC Network last night I could have swore it said there were only 169k subscribers. Can that be correct or is that direct subscribers not stuff like a cable company added you to the package?

Most people at work were shocked yesterday when I told them the game was on ACC Network and they needed Direct Tv in my area to get it. They were planning on flipping on ESPN and watching it that way. There’s going to be a lot of casual fans pissed Friday morning. Way to go Swofford! Nothing does better for ACC promoting than putting your games on a channel nobody can watch without a lot of effort.

That sounds about right. Only hardcore Tech, Clemson, and ACC fans have been complaining so far. Be interesting if people missing actual games gives espn leverage

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I just moved yesterday and I’m with direct tv. They were suppose to transfer my service yesterday and the day before and they never showed. I’m hoping they are able to get to it today. If not though, does any one know a place to watch the game in the Sharpsburg area? I was going to try and make the game but that’s probably not going to happen.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
For those in panic mode, you can do like I did. Go to Walmart and buy a Roku then get one of the services for a trial free. I went with YouTube TV and have it set to record. Hoping for the best and a great upset.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow

It's all about carriage fees. ESPN/ACC (ESPN and the ACC are 50/50 partners in the new ACC network. If there are no profits, then the ACC gets 50% of nothing) have got drive up those monthly carriage fees. And when the carriage fees go, where do the providers go to recoup them, that's right - they go to you the TV watching customer. You're beef is not with Swofford, it's with Direct TV and Comcast. You people need to ditch the traditional pay providers and go to Hulu, Youtuve TV or PSVue and pay the extra $10 bucks for the ACC tier of channels.

Tift-Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
For those in panic mode, you can do like I did. Go to Walmart and buy a Roku then get one of the services for a trial free. I went with YouTube TV and have it set to record. Hoping for the best and a great upset.
I have crap internet service in Deep South Georgia. I’m going to go cry in a corner by myself now while cursing Dish.