For those that don’t get the ACC Network...

Animal02

Banned
It's all about carriage fees. ESPN/ACC (ESPN and the ACC are 50/50 partners in the new ACC network. If there are no profits, then the ACC gets 50% of nothing) have got drive up those monthly carriage fees. And when the carriage fees go, where do the providers go to recoup them, that's right - they go to you the TV watching customer. You're beef is not with Swofford, it's with Direct TV and Comcast. You people need to ditch the traditional pay providers and go to Hulu, Youtuve TV or PSVue and pay the extra $10 bucks for the ACC tier of channels.
And there is the problem......for the vast majority of people.......the value is not there.......the ACC has over estimated their worth and interest. Sure for die hard fans, it is a crisis.......but most of the country will just not give a rip.....those of casual interest will end up watching UCLA and Cincy.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
And there is the problem......for the vast majority of people.......the value is not there.......the ACC has over estimated their worth and interest. Sure for die hard fans, it is a crisis.......but most of the country will just not give a rip.....those of casual interest will end up watching UCLA and Cincy.
You look at the games the ACC is highlighting on the network and quite frankly it’s underwhelming. Virginia Tech-BC, UVA-Pitt, Miami-UNC don’t move the needle nationwide.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
And for over half the year.....why would I pay that much more to watch Duke Lacrosse, softball and reruns?

What about ACC basketball after football season? Does that interest you? If not, cancel your package and save the money. My ACC tier gets me Sportssouth so I also get the Braves, Hawks, United and now the ACC.
I'm not worried about the nationwide fans who may or may not be interested in ACC sports. That's ESPN and Swofford's job to convince them. Maybe ESPN will bundle enough other channels (SEC, U, News etc) to make it worthwhile. If it doesn't make any money, then I guess the ACC is screwed.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Your right other than a small part of Georgia, half of South Carolina , and North Carolina who cares about the ACC. John Swofford messed up ( Remember the guy in the little blue dress from unc) he waited too late knowing that the SEC , Big 10 , and even the Big 12 ( with all there problems) had better revenue than the ACC. Not sure why ESPN went along with the idea of an ACC network. I know a few on here don't blame Swofford but understand he wanted to wait to see how the SEC did ( kind of like being told to buy a stock at $1 a share and waiting to get it when it's at $20 dumb move) Did this hurt Swofford , no he keep his job 3 more years did it cost the schools in the ACC , yes they spend about $110 m to get ready ( note: this $110m is for the schools together) . I'm sorry to said I really don't think the ACCN will make any money for many years. Remember ESPN still pays $240 m for it's top tier media rights for almost the next 2 decades meaning the best football games will be where they attract the largest audiences ESPN and ABC not ACCN. Yes we love Tech but the facts are does anyone else want to pay extra to watch teams like Wake Forest , Boston college , and the others . Other than Clemson and FSU most the people in the nation don't care about the ACC and if FSU doesn't start winning again they won't care about them.
Looked like a good idea but waited to long.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
EVERYONE! IF YOU DONT HAVE A WAY TO WATCH THE GAME, CHECK THIS THREAD AROUND 8:00 pm. I WILL POST A LINK TO WATCH THE GAME CLOSE TO KICKOFF AS POSSIBLE.

I don’t mean to yell, I’ve just seen some people still complaining they don’t have a way to watch the game yet...on a thread explaining how and where you can watch the game lol

Tonight. As close to 8 pm as possible. Post link. I will.

If it works how it should, then you can thank me.

GO JACKETS!

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
what is "Ad-blocker" ?

An extension for your browser that blocks ads so you don't have to see them. Once you get it you will never be able to browse the internet again without it - it's insane how much space and how intrusive ads are now.

https://adblockplus.org

That's the one I use and there are others but I believe Adblock Plus is the most popular one out there.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
So before I start, full disclosure, I work for Comcast Business and I have complained up as far as I can. So wait till tonight and go down to my Smart Visio TV. Sign up for Hulu. Find out I need to get on the computer to sign up for live. Then find out my app on the TV does not support live and no way to down load. I am able to get it on a computer and have HDMI my lap top to the TV, but the quality is basically SD. Went to order Amazon fire stick, not delivered until Friday. But getting it because next two games are on ACCN. I am pissed. Where is the Tylenol.

Dang I went through a similar exercise yesterday to double check. Luckily I found my old Roku (had been banished to the game room tv upstairs) it works so am able to get the game through it.

Just cancel the amazon order and go to bestbuy or Walmart or target. They price match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alagold

Helluva Engineer
When I activated youtube and test ran ACC Network last night I could have swore it said there were only 169k subscribers. Can that be correct or is that direct subscribers not stuff like a cable company added you to the package?

Most people at work were shocked yesterday when I told them the game was on ACC Network and they needed Direct Tv in my area to get it. They were planning on flipping on ESPN and watching it that way. There’s going to be a lot of casual fans pissed Friday morning. Way to go Swofford! Nothing does better for ACC promoting than putting your games on a channel nobody can watch without a lot of effort.

Folks need to know also that even on Directv you need the Sports Pkg to get it I believe.NOT just Directv.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Your right other than a small part of Georgia, half of South Carolina , and North Carolina who cares about the ACC. John Swofford messed up ( Remember the guy in the little blue dress from unc) he waited too late knowing that the SEC , Big 10 , and even the Big 12 ( with all there problems) had better revenue than the ACC. Not sure why ESPN went along with the idea of an ACC network. I know a few on here don't blame Swofford but understand he wanted to wait to see how the SEC did ( kind of like being told to buy a stock at $1 a share and waiting to get it when it's at $20 dumb move) Did this hurt Swofford , no he keep his job 3 more years did it cost the schools in the ACC , yes they spend about $110 m to get ready ( note: this $110m is for the schools together) . I'm sorry to said I really don't think the ACCN will make any money for many years. Remember ESPN still pays $240 m for it's top tier media rights for almost the next 2 decades meaning the best football games will be where they attract the largest audiences ESPN and ABC not ACCN. Yes we love Tech but the facts are does anyone else want to pay extra to watch teams like Wake Forest , Boston college , and the others . Other than Clemson and FSU most the people in the nation don't care about the ACC and if FSU doesn't start winning again they won't care about them.
Looked like a good idea but waited to long.
Left out VA and the state of Florida. But the whole country cares about ACC basketball and it will be picked up for most of the country over time.