Florida Regional

How Many Games Will GT Win in the Florida Regional?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
WOW! 7-6 tying run on third. Kel at bat. winning run on 1st

Sad to say it, but once Gonzo didn't drive in Bailey, felt like it was over. I had no confidence in Kel. When I saw how deep the RF fielded the ball, was hoping Hall would wave Bailey in considering he got a head start on a full count. Would have been crucified if he got thrown out at home though.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
The mighty Kel pops up on the infield with the tying run at third to end the game. Another 0 for 5 game, but still batting cleanup.

Adam B.

Georgia Tech Fan
Sad to say it, but once Gonzo didn't drive in Bailey, felt like it was over. I had no confidence in Kel. When I saw how deep the RF fielded the ball, was hoping Hall would wave Bailey in considering he got a head start on a full count. Would have been crucified if he got thrown out at home though.

Kel needs to be sat and they should have waved Bailey in. You don't get that far into the comeback and coach reserved. Challenge the LF and see what happens! With the way Kel is batting right now, you have a higher chance of their being a poor throw home than Kel trying to getting a freaking single.

There was so much in that game to represent how our baseball team has been the last few weeks. Gonzo rock solid. Kel not coming through at all. Starter being awful and being left in too long. And then decent run scoring and solid defense. It's tough sometimes, but I am still irked he didn't wave Bailey around.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Hall has lost more games by holding up runners at third, most times it would take a perfect throw to nail the runner at home. If there was ever a time to send the runner, this was it!!!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
We've got two pitchers, Gold and Gorst, plus Lee had a great game today. But you can't count on Lee pitching well at any one time.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do you still feel this way? Hindsight obviously 20/20, but you have to win the first one to have even a decent shot, especially in this regional. Go with your horse and figure everything else out later.

Yes, the facts haven't changed for me. We all know our pitching outside of Gold and Gorst is inconsistent. I missed the first 5 innings so I can't comment on how fast / slow Hall was in pulling Ryan.

We've got two pitchers, Gold and Gorst, plus Lee had a great game today. But you can't count on Lee pitching well at any one time.

Lee is one of the Fr who I think will become consistent and consistently great for us.

Hall has lost more games by holding up runners at third, most times it would take a perfect throw to nail the runner at home. If there was ever a time to send the runner, this was it!!!

I think it's the third base coach who makes the call. First to home on a single is very hard and a good play would have had our runner out by 4 or 5 steps. But we forced home a run where UConn screwed up the throw to home earlier in the game. In general, I think our base running is conservative on the third base coach calls. Is that bad? I have no way of knowing since I don't know the alternatives.

Personal note: I was glad to see us make a game of it and liked the don't give up attitude of our team. I still enjoy watching GT baseball. My wife and I had to put our boxer of 9 years down Thursday afternoon (myelopathy). The gaping hole left in your life by losing a good dog makes anything in baseball pale in comparison.