Florida Regional

How Many Games Will GT Win in the Florida Regional?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Error scores Ryan Peurifoy! Tech leads again! Justus to 2nd. Another sac bunt moves Connor to 3rd. Tech leads 6-5 with 1 on and 1 out.

Gonzo intentionally walked. Runners on the corners, 1 out.

English comes through! Tech leads 7-5!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, now no messing around. Just lets get the heck outta this game and have Pitts, Jake Lee and Zac Ryan (maybe?) get the W over Florida. And tomorrow, we can have Gold (on short rest) and Gorst get us to the super-regionals.. Go Jackets!

One gone, fly out.
Two away, another fly out.
Game over! Tech wins! Florida, next. Lets go!

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, now no messing around. Just lets get the heck outta this game and have Pitts, Jake Lee and Zac Ryan (maybe?) get the W over Florida. And tomorrow, we can have Gold (on short rest) and Gorst get us to the super-regionals.. Go Jackets!

One gone, fly out.
Two away, another fly out.
Game over! Tech wins! Florida, next. Lets go!

I think in the game tonight we rely on Pitts and Gibson with Ryan also available. Then after the win , we go with the infamous Johnny Wholestaff with some possible appearances from Gorst, Lee, Gold?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
News flash, Peurifoy makes an outfield catch - 1 out, then Gonzo (an outfielder, hope he can pitch too) and then Stallings.

Going to play tonight. Time to cut the grass before the rain here.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think in the game tonight we rely on Pitts and Gibson with Ryan also available. Then after the win , we go with the infamous Johnny Wholestaff with some possible appearances from Gorst, Lee, Gold?

Pitch counts:
Friday Ryan 35-17 49%; Parr 38-22 58%; Gorst 6-5 83%.
Saturday Gold 107-67 63%; Gibson 11-6 55%; Datoc 18-9 50%.
Sunday #1 - Parr 80-46 58%: Dulaney 8-4 50%; Gorst 44-33 75%.

Tonight I see Parr, Gold and Gorst as no possibility.
Tomorrow, I see Parr and Gold as no possibility. That Saturday game was way too hot for Gold to come back again I think.

Looking at the weather as @SwarmArmy keeps pointing out could be big. Delay the game tonight and then there looks like no games tomorrow. Just what the doctor ordered.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It was tough to watch at times. However, if you'd told me on Thursday we'd be 2-1 at this point (Sunday) and preparing to play 2-0 Florida in regional finals with Gold and Gorst used up... I'd probably have said that's about as good as we can expect.

Would have been real nice to not need Gorst today. Most folks are looking at our unreliable pitching (legitimately) as the culprit. However today, that 2nd inning with 1st out made at home plate and Kel getting picked off. Result: 0 runs when we should have been looking at 1st and 3rd with no outs.... that could have been a crooked number inning and no telling how high and 'comfortable' our lead could have been by the middle innings. Of course... all that is speculation; but I don't like the way that 2nd inning went (offensively).

I'll get over it.... HAPPY with the win. We're alive longer than the defending champs (UVA). We still have not had that "surprise" performance. Perhaps that comes in this next game with Florida. Go Jackets!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So, what are the rules for weather delays? Is there any way that they just give the series to undefeated UF?

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Pray that it rain all night and Thru Tuesday. Then we can play using Gold and Gorst. Asfor ESPN, I wish they did not exist. THey have ruined college football by creating the SEC monster. Now we have a cruddy thing called ESPN3 that checks out in the heat of action. Or we can go to ESPNU for the most rediculas hodge-podge if coverage you have ever seen. You can't be a fan of a team and enjoy that coverage
By the way, Peur's problem is he needs a smaller glove. He has too little control of the finger tips and they flop around. I learned that from a time I tried a large glove.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Well... You know what they say, big hands.........

......big gloves.
usa-election.jpg

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
News flash, Peurifoy makes an outfield catch - 1 out, then Gonzo (an outfielder, hope he can pitch too) and then Stallings.

Going to play tonight. Time to cut the grass before the rain here.
Matt pitched (threw???) a little in high school. He'd try if CDH puts him!