FIU, Coastal, Albany versus GT

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
OK, I am an idiot for giving up on this team too early. An idiot. Just no excuse for my lack of faith. I apologize to the team and the GT Baseball nation.

Sheesh, what resiliency this team has!!!

(PS-I @still@ don't like our pitching....)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
OK, I am an idiot for giving up on this team too early. An idiot. Just no excuse for my lack of faith. I apologize to the team and the GT Baseball nation.

Sheesh, what resiliency this team has!!!

(PS-I @still@ don't like our pitching....)

Don't feel bad, I was pissed off and in a generally bad mood because I thought we were going to lose too.

We have been behind in part of every game we have won this year. Would be too easy to lead pole to pole.

It's fair to say that FIU lost that game ..... they had 5 errors and gave up 9 earned runs. And they hit three of our batters and had a balk. We had 3 errors and gave up 7 earned runs.

Just ugly in the making but beautiful when it's done. 4-1 on the season. Does anyone know if Coastal played at another stadium this morning or are they fresh?

Last edited:

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Don't know why Hall sticks with pitchers so long. When guys like King and Ryan don't have it, I would rather see the rest of the bullpen. Kinge specially frustrated me with his inability to throw strikes., He basically gift-wrapped 3 runs to FIU back in the second inning with his wildness. FIND SOMEONE WHO THROWS STRIKES. I would rather see a freshman in getting hit (but learning ) than see that BS!

This loss is on Hall. Sad.

It's the second weekend of the year. These games aren't going to have much of an effect on whether we make the regionals or not. It's ok to let your hopeful Friday night starter try to work out some stuff in an actual game. It's been almost a year since he's had game action. I don't think a quick hook was needed there.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It's the second weekend of the year. These games aren't going to have much of an effect on whether we make the regionals or not. It's ok to let your hopeful Friday night starter try to work out some stuff in an actual game. It's been almost a year since he's had game action. I don't think a quick hook was needed there.

Turns out (and Danny Hall) you were right and I was wrong. I guess there's a reason I am listening and Danny is in the dugout, huh?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Turns out (and Danny Hall) you were right and I was wrong. I guess there's a reason I am listening and Danny is in the dugout, huh?

Well to be fair the lead was blown and it would have sucked to lose a game after having such a cushion. So half credit to everyone involved? Works for me.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
WREK just mentioned that Albany knocked off N C State this morning....

Good, they used up their luck.:rolleyes:

2-5 in the bottom of the 5th. Waited way too long to replace Parr. Like I said before the game, he needed a quick hook. Oh well. Hopefully Hall finds another starter, Parr will get shelled in ACC play. At 72 pitches with only 37 strikes today (5ER) and coming off 4 ER, he needs a long rest.

Our reliever gives up two. 2-7.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yup, another error and 3 unearned runs. We won't go far unless we get better fielding and pitching.

Playing two games in the cold is a big disadvantage when the other team gets one game and it's warmer. But we had our chances and played sloppy. Coastal only scored in one inning and got so many runs since Hall is slow to pull pitchers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I figured we'd go 2 for 3 this weekend. So just need to beat Albany tomorrow.