FIU, Coastal, Albany versus GT

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's a From The Rumble Seat preview of the games this weekend:
http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...-previewing-caravelle-resorts-baseball-at-the

FIU is ranked top 25 in some polls. Appears they have some stud pitchers (duh - not ranked top 25 without them). It'll be interesting to see what we can do if we get this dude: "Mourelle pitched the third game of the season for the Panthers and went 5.0 innings of shutout, one-hit baseball. He also struck out three batters and walked two."

Against Coastal, Parr pitching for us is dicey. I expect (hope for) a very quick hook if he struggles like he did in his first game.

Against Albany, let's wait to see how they do in their games before us.

I'm hoping for a sweep and expecting to win 2 of 3.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Keep an eye on a freshman LH named Dominic LoBrutto, his uncle is close friend of the family :) They were just up at Knoxville last weekend and played Stetson mid week. Lots of talent and a good barometer for Tech!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am thinking 2 of 3, guessing either Coastal or FIU gets us once, but that we dominate Albany.

Still looking so see how our pitching performs more than anything.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Albany should be a pushover. I think the other two will depend on who the teams send to the mound. If we luck out and don't get Mourelle against FIU, I think we could get the sweep

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT gets 2 unearned, take them all the time!

Kel makes a good D play for third out. King ok, 7 strikes on 12 pitches.

Crouse had 31 pitches in first - 14 were strikes.

Speed KILLS. Smith beats out in field hit ...... single with one out. That's what we need to get Crouse knocked out.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kel screws up and only gets a double - couldn't hit it out of the park. Kel walked first time.

Just came home on another FIU error for Murray triple. 5-0. (4 unearned!!!) They should have a temperature adjusted mercy rule. Starting at 37F - and it's affecting the FIU fielding.