False Hope

GT_EE78

Banned
We lost 18 PPG with Okogie leaving and 12 PPG with Tadric leaving. That was from a team that did not get to the post season.

Offensively Banks and Lammers are basically a wash (different approaches for sure but about the same 10-12 PPG.

This year Haywood is up 5 points and Alston is up 4 points. Devoe is contributing about 10.

It was the matchup with Syracuse trying to play Dolezaj as the 5 in the zone. His defense was shall we say a bit lacking - though AD did make a lot of good solid moves. But there wasn't a lot of push back by Dolezaj. Syracuse went primarily to Chukwu in the second half and AD's output went down to "normal" levels. Yes he played well and yes we looked for a good matchup we could exploit but it was a matchup that they fixed in the second half.

FWIW Chukwu played almost all the game against Duke after AD ate Dolezaj alive.
thanks, i was blacked out and listened radio ,watchin the box score chalk up data is ok,but less than desirable(tho it usually pops up before swarmchat and 30 sec ahead of radio)

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitt is better than we are and you can say but, what if, gosh darn only if, but at the end of the day Pitt is better and stop the excuses. I do feel for the team a bit on last night for loss of AD. But other teams have injuries and players leaving early too so it is only a one game nnot a good long term excuse. This team to me is not talented on offense. Only Alvarado able to attack off the dribble and create, too much passing it around and then shooting a bad shot as time expires, sloppy/clumsy with the ball. Devoe could be a good off the ball shooter one day. Alvarado is good. Banks can dunk but otherwise we are clearly below average ACC caliber. And the three I mentioned are not All-ACC players but capable players. CJP was brought in to recruit - I can hear his pitch now. I have a belief as to why he is having a hard time recruiting but I really don;t care why - results are results and we are not getting it done.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
People are making far too much out of one recruiting class. Year after next center will be the only position of need and even then it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have Wright play that spot defensively. Even so because we would have plenty of offensive options and wouldn't really need to rely on the 5 spot for offense it wouldn't be much of a stretch to use a freshman for defense and rebounding purposes.

If you think Wright will be good enough in 2 yrs to be a force at CTR enough to get to Ncaa tourney ,then bless you.I don't.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If you think Wright will be good enough in 2 yrs to be a force at CTR enough to get to Ncaa tourney ,then bless you.I don't.

In two years we'll have a senior Jose, Haywood, and Usher, Junior Devoe, and Moore. That will be the core that drives the team. Not the center position. Defensively Wright will probably be good enough to defend the 5 position as most teams play it especially since he has plenty of room to add bulk.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That is a lot to ask of Wright - to bulk up and play a legit 5. I honestly don't see that - but I could be wrong. On the other side, I do think it isn't hard to see us taking a grad transfer legit 5 if we need to after Banks is done. Or we could get a transfer next year that sits for a year and is good to go. Multiple ways to make it work.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That is a lot to ask of Wright - to bulk up and play a legit 5. I honestly don't see that - but I could be wrong. On the other side, I do think it isn't hard to see us taking a grad transfer legit 5 if we need to after Banks is done. Or we could get a transfer next year that sits for a year and is good to go. Multiple ways to make it work.

I like him in a high post/zone killer role if he develops ball security/ passing ability.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I like him in a high post/zone killer role if he develops ball security/ passing ability.

I agree. Right now I cringe every time he has the ball anywhere but right underneath the basket. I’m just waiting for him to throw it to the other team, dribble it off his foot, or shoot a 20-footer and miss by 15.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. Right now I cringe every time he has the ball anywhere but right underneath the basket. I’m just waiting for him to throw it to the other team, dribble it off his foot, or shoot a 20-footer and miss by 15.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The negativity is disgusting

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
After Louisville game came heere for any kind of hope.

Louisville picked to be 10th made us look bad.

Now I see the plan at bb .
Get new contract, then suck real badly, and then hope to get better when only 2 years left , get extension - start again.

I am good with it as tstan may play hard ball sooner than expected .

Hope we come together next year!!

GT_EE78

Banned
After Louisville game came heere for any kind of hope.

Louisville picked to be 10th made us look bad.

Now I see the plan at bb .
Get new contract, then suck real badly, and then hope to get better when only 2 years left , get extension - start again.

I am good with it as tstan may play hard ball sooner than expected .

Hope we come together next year!!
so, how many years does Tstan have left on his contract?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We need a new Basketball Coach....
So let me get this straight. We get smashed by a good team with our PG and our only two upperclassmen out with injuries and it’s the head coaches fault?

Just curious, but when it was announced that Jose wasn’t playing did anyone see this going differently?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So let me get this straight. We get smashed by a good team with our PG and our only two upperclassmen out with injuries and it’s the head coaches fault?

Just curious, but when it was announced that Jose wasn’t playing did anyone see this going differently?

I could have seen a game where we muddied it up with our defense and got enough transition buckets to keep it close. The biggest issue, beyond even losing Jose's skill, was with both our team leader, Jose, and only seniors, AD and Alston, out, there was a good chance that we wouldn't respond well when UL made a run which most ACC teams will do at different points in games. We had nobody who we could really go to and stem the bleeding, and with those 3 out there was always the danger of losing composure. In almost every ACC game you will see teams make a run and a big part of winning games in the ACC is knowing how to limit both the length and damage of those runs. Even if you look at the UL game a big chunk of their lead came during one 5 minute stretch (from about 10 min to 5 min in first half) where they turned a 10 point lead into a 30 point. After that stretch it was a pretty typical game where both teams had stretches of increasing or decreasing the lead.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Reality check it could be worse. Bryce drew who turned us down for Candy not looking so great in his 3rd year. Candy is 0 for 6 in the sec & 9 & 9 overall.

Also their predicted lottery pick garland who out with an injury for the rest of the year has declared for the draft.

Last edited: