False Hope

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
He told me this morning he expects to sign some guys in the spring and feels like we are close to turning the corner. (I had mentioned I noticed last night many times where all 5 of our guys on the court were in their first year at GT.) . He continues to feel like we've been snake bit. Think of the injuries earlier. Then last night we had 3 guys out sick plus Jose and Devoe both got knocked out of the game for a bit. If its not 1 thing its another. We'll get there. I like to remind people Coach Josh Pastner has been ACC Coach of the Year half of his time here. :D

Yeah he told me the basics, and responded to a question I had about a recruit that I knew here in Alabama. He said it was hard to get players away from another state when the state school has been after them for a long time (I'm assuming $$$). I asked if $$$ was an issue with us losing guys like Edwards and Watson, but he didn't respond to that, just gave the blue blood answer from the radio show. He's a good guy, but I'm concerned with his personality when it comes to winning over 17 year old kids. He can win over my dad all day, but he seems a little stiff and nerdy (no offense to the nerds). We're an offensive stud away from the tourney next year I think. He mentioned trying to get some bucket getters in the spring, so I guess they have some guys in mind. I'll keep supporting the team, I appreciate him being so transparent.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe he needs to be 'cruiting instead of answering fan emails, amirite? Mostly kidding. It's extra frustrating because he seems like a stand-up guy who deserves success and works as hard as anyone, but it just isn't happening.

I also appreciate the fact that he wants to answer fan mail however I'd rather his focus be on team development and relentless recruiting. I realize in this day and age, a coach must find the right balance.