False Hope

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
why do I get excited for this team? Just to see a performance like tonight when they team clearly doesn’t even want to be there ?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I just want us to be relevant again. We haven't made the tourney since 2010 and Pastner is in year 3 (I think?) and isn't sniffing the tourney. I don't think it's impatient or crazy talk to be down on Pastner at this stage. Hopefully he rights the ship.

I don’t mind the “over the last three years” context arguments I just can’t stand the 5:00 in to a game and fans turning on the team comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
You're only eating half crow for the loss.

Thanks. That plus some Old Forester 1910 make the meal almost palatable.

This would have been a great win, but we couldn’t get it done. Losing AD hurt a lot more than I expected and Jose being guarded by the only 6’ 8” guy who could run with and cover a PG all night hurt.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Team is bipolar and has been for the last 3 years. Beat good teams and then turn around and look clueless. Hopefully next year the team will show a little more consistency as it will be a fairly old team by then. I’ll keep rooting for the players. Wish everyone showed up in the first 5 minutes and this probably would’ve come down to the wire.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I just want us to be relevant again. We haven't made the tourney since 2010 and Pastner is in year 3 (I think?) and isn't sniffing the tourney. I don't think it's impatient or crazy talk to be down on Pastner at this stage. Hopefully he rights the ship.

And a major reason we aren't sniffing the tournament this year is because Okogie went pro early. Going from where we were to an NCAAT team in 3 years was a long shot to begin with and being able to reach a point where we could just absorb a loss like that and still make the tournament was never going to happen.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Team is bipolar and has been for the last 3 years. Beat good teams and then turn around and look clueless. Hopefully next year the team will show a little more consistency as it will be a fairly old team by then. I’ll keep rooting for the players. Wish everyone showed up in the first 5 minutes and this probably would’ve come down to the wire.

Losing JO was bigger than some people give it credit for. We don’t have a guy who can create his own offense one on one.

This is what we are going to get all season long. Either we snag those transition points and assisted buckets or we suffer.