Fall Camp Thread

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
it could be the 4-5 interceptions he threw on game winning drive chances late in the 4Q. We like to look back and remember things sometimes also better than they were too. Tevin was a solid serviceable QB and actually our O did ok...but it also didn't on many bigger games too, but under pressure I don't think it looked so good. thats what I remember too (now, the list below, I think is accurate, but someone can fact check it)
@vt in OT
Home Miami
vs UGA at UGA IIRC (did he throw 2 or one back to back in 4q?)
FSU in the title game

The crusher of these...is they were all 2 min scenarios where we really could have won the game.

All INT's; if a higher profile QB did this it would be choke artist discussion etc...but because our O is a bit passing limited...among other reasons I don't think it gets highlighted with him much

(BTW I am doing this from total fuzzy memory, so if I am wrong about any of the above correct me please, or add others if you recall)
Tevin was much more than serviceable, imo.

Also, not giving him some props for his performance in the clutch is a little disingenuous, too. He just didn't have enough miracles in his back pocket to overcome the odds presented by his surrounding cast, both offensively and defensively. In that VT game, he led us to a go ahead td in regulation that was a thing of beauty only to watch our defense self destruct in less than a minute to give up the tying field goal. In that FSU Championship Game (I was there), he had a huge run and a huge throw (an amazing sideline deep throw that would have made Payton Manning throw his popcorn) before that fateful final drive. He had a huge game in '11 against a top 5 Clemson. All that is off the top of my head.

I choose to remember his highs instead of his lows. I could throw out the lows of each and every qb I've ever seen play at GT and there would be many. JeT pulled of that miracle in Athens two years ago setting up "the kick." His two fumbles, though questionable, put us in position to need a miracle in the first place. I don't mean to pick on JeT, either. It's just you can cherry pick anybody. Matt Ryan, anybody???

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
it could be the 4-5 interceptions he threw on game winning drive chances late in the 4Q. We like to look back and remember things sometimes also better than they were too. Tevin was a solid serviceable QB and actually our O did ok...but it also didn't on many bigger games too, but under pressure I don't think it looked so good. thats what I remember too (now, the list below, I think is accurate, but someone can fact check it)
@vt in OT
Home Miami
vs UGA at UGA IIRC (did he throw 2 or one back to back in 4q?)
FSU in the title game

The crusher of these...is they were all 2 min scenarios where we really could have won the game.

All INT's; if a higher profile QB did this it would be choke artist discussion etc...but because our O is a bit passing limited...among other reasons I don't think it gets highlighted with him much

(BTW I am doing this from total fuzzy memory, so if I am wrong about any of the above correct me please, or add others if you recall)

I appreciated Tevin for the fact that he gave everything he had in spite of some physical limitations (average arm strength and speed) that held him back from being great. I think he would have looked a lot better though if he had as talented a supporting cast as we have now. While he wasn't the greatest passer, there were WAY too many drops by WRs & ABs that should have been home runs (also, those hitting would have helped to open things up at the LOS). If you added some of those in place of some of the big drops, a lot of those games would have never been in doubt in the first place. A defense that was at least decent would have helped too.
Btw I have a tough time judging Tevin on the VT pick...dude was forced into action before he was ready, and I thought had stabilized us in the game and did well to get us into OT. If you're gonna knock him for us losing in OT, you should at least give him credit for what he did to get us there.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Maybe not the back half of 2013, but 2012 he was phenomenal (Check the UNC '12 tape, and UVA '12 game). I know you don't like Vad, but let's stop with the revisionist history about his ability.

I was SO high on Vad after the UNC win in '12, he was amazing in that game

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just stop..... I even said if something happens it's worth talking about, but you just missed that part right? can't you tell there's something wrong when all you ever do is argue with people on here? It's like you have some sort of agenda all the time. But, I will say it's kinda funny you went out of your way to remember this comment and then went and found it. I'm glad you are thinking of me.

SlawDog

Banned
Just stop..... I even said if something happens it's worth talking about, but you just missed that part right? can't you tell there's something wrong when all you ever do is argue with people on here? It's like you have some sort of agenda all the time. But, I will say it's kinda funny you went out of your way to remember this comment and then went and found it. I'm glad you are thinking of me.
:ROFLMAO: