Fall Camp Post Practice

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You understand that the coach has influence over the schedule?

I don't hate Johnson. I give him credit for what he is. He is without peer when it comes to designing and installing run blocking, and adapting run blocking on the fly. If I was a head coach looking for an OC, I'd like to have him.

But when in the last 11 years did we have a good defense? Special teams would leave you scratching your head-like the two run backs against USF that likely cost us the game. Multiple choice question: He was 20-7 his first two years and 12-12 his last two years. Did he forget how to coach or was the talent level lower because of subpar recruiting? The NFL draft answers that question.

Johnson was the head coach, and he was responsible for defense, ST and recruiting. HC, not just OC. He was above average at the latter and below average at the former.

I came to the conclusion in 2011 that Johnson didn't work as hard as other P5 coaches, notably our own Bobby Ross and George O'Leary. That conclusion was confirmed in a conversation I had with a former GTAA employee about 3 years ago, who was at the GTAA when O'Leary was there. Johnson was concerned about his precious offense, and not so much about defense, ST or recruiting.

Only people who have an irrational love for Johnson would say that I hate Johnson. I just look at the facts. But I guess love is irrational by definition, so call me a hater and I will call you an irrational lover.
Ok let me be the first to say I still think you hate CPJ. I liked him but I thought it was time for him to go. And yes a head coach is still responsible for the whole team. You and one other on here seem to want to cut him down every thing. Go back and check with you have said in the past . He is gone try talking about the present or future . I still think we will win 7 + games . but I sure if we don't you will blame CPJ .

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You understand that the coach has influence over the schedule?

I don't hate Johnson. I give him credit for what he is. He is without peer when it comes to designing and installing run blocking, and adapting run blocking on the fly. If I was a head coach looking for an OC, I'd like to have him.

But when in the last 11 years did we have a good defense? Special teams would leave you scratching your head-like the two run backs against USF that likely cost us the game. Multiple choice question: He was 20-7 his first two years and 12-12 his last two years. Did he forget how to coach or was the talent level lower because of subpar recruiting? The NFL draft answers that question.

Johnson was the head coach, and he was responsible for defense, ST and recruiting. HC, not just OC. He was above average at the latter and below average at the former.

I came to the conclusion in 2011 that Johnson didn't work as hard as other P5 coaches, notably our own Bobby Ross and George O'Leary. That conclusion was confirmed in a conversation I had with a former GTAA employee about 3 years ago, who was at the GTAA when O'Leary was there. Johnson was concerned about his precious offense, and not so much about defense, ST or recruiting.

Only people who have an irrational love for Johnson would say that I hate Johnson. I just look at the facts. But I guess love is irrational by definition, so call me a hater and I will call you an irrational lover.
Let
It
Go

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok let me be the first to say I still think you hate CPJ. I liked him but I thought it was time for him to go. And yes a head coach is still responsible for the whole team. You and one other on here seem to want to cut him down every thing. Go back and check with you have said in the past . He is gone try talking about the present or future . I still think we will win 7 + games . but I sure if we don't you will blame CPJ .

and bad defenses werent just a CPJ problem. pretty sure they were bad during the GOL years too. pretty much cost JHam a heismen

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Who's the lady asking questions? Is that the Athletic's beat writer? If so, she asks much better questions than the other bozos.
Yeah, that's Tori McElhaney. I was about to comment about how direct and articulate she is with her questions. Some of those guys kind of mumble their way through a question. And then Ken Sugiura always used to be so timid around CPJ; I hope he's better with CGC. Tori's confidence has been refreshing in that regard.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Imagine, if you will, we had the ability to time travel to 2030. People will still be fighting over CPJ and CGC.

*What A Time To Be Alive*

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I guess I missed it could have been drunk or wishing I was listening to my wife fussing ( which I sure she is the best) but when does fall practice start ?
No for the 3 time I don't want to go the the mall. Look guys she has smoke coming out of her head , I'll be back I got to go to the mall.

I would pity you but I am in pretty much the same boat. After being married for 36 years, it is pretty much like being in the army. Yes dear, no dear, three bags full. When she is not hounding me about something, my daughter will chime in. Its like one of those tag team wrestling matches except there is no one for me to tag. My father told me when I got married: "You will come to regret this mistake once and that will be continuously" At least she knows better than to bother me about going to see the Jackets and woe betide either of them that bother me during a Tech game when it is on TV.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, that's Tori McElhaney. I was about to comment about how direct and articulate she is with her questions. Some of those guys kind of mumble their way through a question. And then Ken Sugiura always used to be so timid around CPJ; I hope he's better with CGC. Tori's confidence has been refreshing in that regard.

She’s definitely growing on me. Her style is already way better than Ken, Kelly, and Rod and she’ll only get better as she becomes more familiar to the staff. It also helps that she’s not working for an organization that’s biased against us from the start. I just signed up for the Athletic on a sale for $36 for the year. It’s absolutely worth $3/month to be able to read actual good journalism on my Jackets along with all the other teams and leagues.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Johnson was concerned about his precious offense, and not so much about defense, ST or recruiting.

unfortunately, this was said by more than one person...which is sad to hear...and these people were johnson "guys"; of course just their opinion....

in the ACC media days, curry hinted at how much more detail and focus there is now on the D teaching...he literally almost said word for word part of what I was told....doesn't take much to see it