Extension Agreement

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I think we’re safe with CPJ. He doesn’t care about getting a higher profile job he just wants a chance to compete in a major conference like he has now. He’s not going to want to try and build another program which could take 3-4 years at his age. He could definitely still use the threat of leaving Tech to be able to get what he wants for his staff which is only for the greater good of the program. If we lose CPJ, it is only our own fault for not being able to reach a reasonable agreement with him. He wants to stay.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT has had nine 10 win seasons in it's entire football history: 1928 (10-0), 1947 (10-1), 1951 (11-0-1), 1952 (12-0), 1956 (10-1), 1990 (11-0-1), 1998 (10-2), 2009 (11-3) and 2014 (10-2).
Two of the nine belong to Johnson. He is one of the most successful coaches in GT history. Why would you not keep him?

No question GT wants to keep him...but CPJ is using leverage to get what he wants, and Bobinski is "playing the game". That's just how business negotiations go. The deal will get done...it's just a matter of when.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
Losing CPJ to any team other than Florida(despite being a dumpster Fire, they have a lot of talent, so I don't think CPJ will need any rebuilding there, which may make it an attractive destination for him) should be a fireable offence.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
GT has had nine 10 win seasons in it's entire football history: 1928 (10-0), 1947 (10-1), 1951 (11-0-1), 1952 (12-0), 1956 (10-1), 1990 (11-0-1), 1998 (10-2), 2009 (11-3) and 2014 (10-2).
Two of the nine belong to Johnson. He is one of the most successful coaches in GT history. Why would you not keep him?

Not trying to take anything away from a 10 win season, but it is easier to do now that there are 12 regular season game and at least post season game (minimum of 13 tries for 10 winsif you already have 9 wins going to the post season).

BTW - I have and still want to "keep him". :D

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
No question GT wants to keep him...but CPJ is using leverage to get what he wants, and Bobinski is "playing the game". That's just how business negotiations go. The deal will get done...it's just a matter of when.
The problem with this is that CPJ seems to be gaining even more leverage the longer the negotiations go on. Beating UGA hurt Bobinski from a negotiations stand point. Hopefully he doesn't mind though.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The problem with this is that CPJ seems to be gaining even more leverage the longer the negotiations go on. Beating UGA hurt Bobinski from a negotiations stand point. Hopefully he doesn't mind though.

That's the risk you take when you don't take initiative at the beginning of the season when stock was low. Now that CPJ's stock is high, you've got to pay the price. Knowing that this program is set up well for the next 2-3 years, I'm more than happy to pay the high price right now.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to take anything away from a 10 win season, but it is easier to do now that there are 12 regular season game and at least post season game (minimum of 13 tries for 10 winsif you already have 9 wins going to the post season).

BTW - I have and still want to "keep him". :D

He's had 10 wins before the ACC Championship game both times he's managed the feat though. He didn't need those extra games to get to 10.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
I'm not worried about PJ leaving. GT is his baby and he finally has it where he wants it. He knows what he has created. He is/can be a god here when he its all said and done.

RamblinRev

Georgia Tech Fan
AD needs to show some respect though. Playing the game could cause irreparable harm much more devastating than money.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm not worried about PJ leaving. GT is his baby and he finally has it where he wants it. He knows what he has created. He is/can be a god here when he its all said and done.

I believe you are projecting your own feelings on the matter to how he perceives things. Look he said he wants to coach here. That doesn't mean he wants to coach here, tuff job more than others, with a boss looking to make a change as soon as events allow.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
PJ will leave if he believes anyone is disingenuous with him or is treating him with disrespect. He has a lot of pride, and he is the type that would rather coach Troy before he would allow his current employer to "play" him. We better get serious and get the thing done, and make him feel like he is wanted and everything is transparent with no hidden agendas....... Just my 2 cents.