Extension Agreement

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
And about 180 worthless ones
Do You think that there are 20 worthwhile majors at UGA? You give too much credit.

Gentlemen, The point is that UGA, and most of our competition, offer a ton of majors which allows those schools to find a place to tuck athletes to keep them eligible. GT does not have that ability. Nor am I suggesting that they should.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Gentlemen, The point is that UGA, and most of our competition, offer a ton of majors which allows those schools to find a place to tuck athletes to keep them eligible. GT does not have that ability. Nor am I suggesting that they should.
We need some way to hide 20 to 30 recruits or we can't complain about losing to our neighbors 12 out of 13 years.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Fellas, all this arguing is going nowhere. New major are not going to be added to tech as far as any one of us know. This is why CPJ has requested a larger recruiting staff. This will allow GT to find the best athletes with the ability to complete and compete at tech. I for one can get behind that. Keep the integrity of our degrees while finding ballers inside the classroom and on the field.
1. Agree non to be added in near term.
2. Agree in the present coach has shown that with a few quality athletes and team buy in we can do well
3. Agree need to recruit in major metro area and other areas on targeted basis - currently trying to get tech to Texas . In Houston, Dallas and San antonio - 14000 gt alums - not recruiting defense here is a mistake.
4. In long term . We must however for benefit of school and ga colleges in general get more majors or mini majors to maintain momentum.

Animal02

Banned
Now overlay power conference school location - east Texas and northwest la larger than Georgia has no big schools - and lots of athletes.
I agree Texas should be a target......but also western Pa to southeast MI, Chicago area, the corridor from south of DC to Boston, especially the Catholic / private schools.......where kids are likely to be better students as well.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
"Exchanging numbers" seems different to me than the "reached agreement" reported earlier. We'll see.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
There's really no way the extension doesn't get done. As dumb as it is, there aren't many AD's out there willing to bring in a triple-option coach with the stigmas attached to them that CPJ does...