Extension Agreement

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I take a small modicum of pride in having been banned from Jim's board after tellling him a rant thread of his was not worth reading and that I wouldn't be commenting on it further. Instant ban! Later I found out about this forum. Hands down the best sports forum period, any school, any sport. Thanks Eric, mods, contributors, and forumers. This place rocks out. THWG!! and to hell with butthurt Hart :)

Animal02

Banned
I take a small modicum of pride in having been banned from Jim's board after tellling him a rant thread of his was not worth reading and that I wouldn't be commenting on it further. Instant ban! Later I found out about this forum. Hands down the best sports forum period, any school, any sport. Thanks Eric, mods, contributors, and forumers. This place rocks out. THWG!! and to hell with butthurt Hart :)
I have Cheese to thank for pointing me over here...........It is great to ENJOY the season with other Tech fans.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think I found this forum thanks to cheese also. I'd occassionally wander to that other site just to read posts of others I respected there and saw his mention of this forum. Owe him big for that. Thx Cheese!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
We have recently expanded our majors, I don't have the details ... can someone elaborate.
From the GT website FWIW:
Georgia Tech Bachelor's Degrees
We offer more than 35 undergraduate majors and 55 minors in virtually every science- and engineering-related discipline, as well as in business, public policy, sports, and pre-professional areas.

Animal02

Banned
From the GT website FWIW:
Georgia Tech Bachelor's Degrees
We offer more than 35 undergraduate majors and 55 minors in virtually every science- and engineering-related discipline, as well as in business, public policy, sports, and pre-professional areas.
All which require some form of calculus........in the mean time.......schools like Mich State offers around 160 different degrees.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Proof or link?
http://www.usg.edu/regents/members
I count 8 dwags out of 19 seats. I see a few new faces on the Board. They had 11 in Feb. So, they no longer have a complete majority. They need two non-dwags to get past 50%. Or just have 4 members not show up.

Tech's count upped from 2 to 3 seats since Feb.

Previous diversity on the BoR: 2 white women, 1 black man, and 16 white men.
Current diversity on the BoR: 2 white women, 1 black man, 1 Indian man, and 15 white men.

Here's my post from Feb 7, 2014: http://gtswarm.com/threads/espn-mischief-once-again.1787/page-3#post-33538
For reference, there are 19 members on the BoR and this is the education background tally:
Tech - 2 (the only P.E. on the BoR)
ga - 11 (1 transfer to Valdosta) (1 woman)
GSU - 2
Ga Southern - 2 (1 woman)
Valdosta - 1
Emory - 1
U of the South - 2
Out of State - 1 (the only black BoR member. Could they not find a single black person in Georgia? Or was it because they all voted for the wrong party...)
None - 1 (no education whatsoever, thanks Jesus frequently for his 11 million sqft retail property holdings)

Numbers do not add up to the total due to having multiple degrees/transferring. In summary, each entity gets 1-2 Board members except ga which gets 11 of the 19 (10 of 19 if you don't count the transfer).

Also, note the disgusting dominance of white males on the BoR --> 2 white women, 1 black male, 16 white males. My friends, that is diversity: Southern-Style.

I picture him in a dimly lit basement crouched over his computer for hours at a time with a moldy half-eaten bagel on the desk. Once a week he goes out to pick up the mail stacked up on his porch and then changes his shirt for the first time.
His latest rant on the AJC was to blame Tech fans for Snoddy's injury, because, according to him, we were happy that Watson got injured and were openly expressing our hopes that Gurley and Chubb would get hurt. It was by far the most inappropriate and offensive post I have ever read by anyone on any blog. The guy is a total POS !!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
His latest rant on the AJC was to blame Tech fans for Snoddy's injury, because, according to him, we were happy that Watson got injured and were openly expressing our hopes that Gurley and Chubb would get hurt. It was by far the most inappropriate and offensive post I have ever read by anyone on any blog. The guy is a total POS !!!
I wish there was an effective way to permanently ban him. That kind of poison is not good for the social order and the domestic tranquility. It sends a message to young people that anonymous attacks on public people is acceptable and that bad manners is the common currency of our media age.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I wish there was an effective way to permanently ban him

There is. It's called active moderators. When you leave site moderation up to software, you get repeat trolls who know no one is really minding the store. If you have active moderators willing to ban offenders, they eventually get the message. That's a major reason I have migrated here.

I wish there was an effective way to permanently ban him. That kind of poison is not good for the social order and the domestic tranquility. It sends a message to young people that anonymous attacks on public people is acceptable and that bad manners is the common currency of our media age.

What AugustaJacket says.....

The moderators of this site have effectively banned the jerks like him, and more and more of us from the AJC blogs are migrating here