Execution

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Funny, but agree!
Don't let the pregnancy get in the way of your bourbon my jolly good fellow! There's Uber that can get her to the hospital for cheap if needed and you can get there when you sober up and all the real messy work is done! Show up with balloons, flowers and a teddy bear and all will be forgiven. (please note: I would not condone the drinking IF you were pregnant. After all, there are reasons to temporarily stop drinking... but other people's pregnancies ain't one of them).

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
Teaching/coaching. Duke has literally done the same thing the past 6 seasons and I believe they've won 4 of those last 5. That's just hard headed-ness and not teaching. I think it's an understatement actually, he's getting absolutely WAXED by Cutcliffe.

Thoughts?

Edit: just want to point out this post was in relation to a direct question from a different thread that was merged with this one (and it should have been btw). It wasn't me just ranting at the sky...that will probably come this afternoon.

I think Cutcliffe and his gang sat down a six or seven years ago and worked out a defensive scheme to shut down the flexbone . Everyone else puts in extra practice to handle one flexbone team, but Duke regularly has two scheduled, and I think Cutcliffe aims for two wins there. With the bye week, he out X’s and O’s CPJ, and he’s recruiting better two. He’s playing chess. CPJ is playing poker.

Duke has a good shot at the Coastal.

I don’t know if CPJ hasn’t adapted or hasn’t tried to adapt. But he got out coached, even allowing for the three fumbles. I don’t think he was ready for today.

Hats off to CNW and the defense for as much as they did. First drive was awful, but they gutted out as much as they could. They held us in the game through most of the third, especially when we did nothing offensively for most of the first half.

I’m still more frustrated with the Pitt game and the USF game is close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
We don't get the same type kids. The rankings, which are bogus for the most part, may be similar. The kids on the field aren't close.

That's the type of kid we use to get.

Not anymore.

Yup. The way their linebackers were flying around making tackles on first contact was night and day compared to our guys unfortunately. Big and fast. And this is Duke I'm envious of. :vomit:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think Cutcliffe and his gang sat down a six or seven years ago and worked out a defensive scheme to shut down the flexbone . Everyone else puts in extra practice to handle one flexbone team, but Duke regularly has two scheduled, and I think Cutcliffe aims for two wins there. With the bye week, he out X’s and O’s CPJ, and he’s recruiting better two. He’s playing chess. CPJ is playing poker.

Duke has a good shot at the Coastal.

I don’t know if CPJ hasn’t adapted or hasn’t tried to adapt. But he got out coached, even allowing for the three fumbles. I don’t think he was ready for today.

Hats off to CNW and the defense for as much as they did. First drive was awful, but they gutted out as much as they could. They held us in the game through most of the third, especially when we did nothing offensively for most of the first half.

I’m still more frustrated with the Pitt game and the USF game is close.

I agree i think Duke finishes the season 9-3 losing to Miami and Clemson. I think they play Florida in the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl.

slugboy

Staff member
I agree i think Duke finishes the season 9-3 losing to Miami and Clemson. I think they play Florida in the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl.

I think they might knock off Miami.

I still think that today was a game that should have been circled and we should have been ready and won.

I also think Bowling Green or Alcorn State should have been homecoming. Get Duke early in the season.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Wellll, yeah.

But that is duke you described for the most part. They ain’t that great, but they are coached up.

We are coaching down.

We believe a coach is more important than the program.
Duke is far better than an FCS team. They're legit and a very tough team for anyone to play..............................................at least until Coach Cut retires;)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That’s the only teams we can beat anyway

I beg your pardon but we not only merely beat, but our offense regularly puts up 500+ yards rushing and 50+ points against them. If we could replicate this against decent teams, imagine what our records might be! If we dropped down a level, the MNC's we would win would make Bama green with envy. I don't think N. Dakota State would want any part of us.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
You're 100% wrong. There was a lot of crying in the chat about the officiating as well. From the very beginning of any sporting event you can tell how the officials are gonna call the game (are they gonna let em play or call it tight); it was obvious how the game was being called and we didn't react until Vic finally showed a pulse. Had he not thrown punches he wouldn't have been tossed. The extra he did up to that point was spot on. Hell I'm not even mad that he threw punches and got tossed if I'm being honest.

Taquon fumbled.

What am I 100% wrong about?

-the point about the refs letting fighting occur that led to the Vic fight?
-my question about Taquan?
-my statement that the duke guy should’ve been ejected?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I beg your pardon but we not only merely beat, but our offense regularly puts up 500+ yards rushing and 50+ points against them. If we could replicate this against decent teams, imagine what our records might be! If we dropped down a level, the MNC's we would win would make Bama green with envy. I don't think N. Dakota State would want any part of us.

And that is the level we recruit at now - another bonus.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Cut blocking at the line is NOT illegal, no matter how many times you say it. It is not gutless, no matter how many time you say it.

Who said anything about Illegal? Oh, you did.

And the Sewak ankle biting, to me, is gutless and it hurts our chances of developing a better passing game.

And losing 50% of the time vs. what is now called P5 is not a sign of success, no matter how many times you say it.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Who said anything about Illegal? Oh, you did.

And the Sewak ankle biting, to me, is gutless and it hurts our chances of developing a better passing game.

And losing 50% of the time vs. what is now called P5 is not a sign of success, no matter how many times you say it.

Who said losing 50% of the time was success, oh wait, you did. You make some valid points but the constant bitching about cut blocks, when EVERY team does it, and Every person who has ever played knows it is not cheap or illegal, and that was a word you have used in the past, or elistist, or whatever word you are using now undercuts that

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Our offense is either feast or famine. That depends solely on the quality of the defense we face.
In many regards and oddly to their credit, it seems our players are so driven to make the big play or gain that extra yard (a very good trait) that they sacrifice ball security (a very bad trait)...it seems that should be a key point of coaching to remain competitively driven, but keep your poise and wits about you in deciding on the cost vs. benifits of your actions ...