Excitement for the 2022 Season

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I am hopeful that the changes made to our coaching staff combined with another year of growth for the players on our roster plus some potentially good additions from the portal and HS recruiting could lead to real, honest to goodness improved play on the field. I’m also hopeful that leads to more wins than what we’ve been subjected to the last three seasons.

I wouldn’t say I’m excited about the season, though. I was last year and what happened beat that out of me so now I’m just hopeful. Is that fair?

I don’t personally take issue with anyone adopting a wait and see attitude for beating their chests about us being world beaters next season. As long as you’re supporting the team, cautious optimism may well be the way forward for many of our fan base.

I bet @kg01 won’t even put you on his naughty list.
Hopeful, cautious optimism rules the day.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have to be honest any ecitement I had is gone don't take this wrong I still want tech to win and it;s not the 3 win seasons but the way college football has gone. The NIL is killing college football . Plus now add the way the SEC and Big10 have gone and the ACC sitting on theit butt , I'm sorry I just don't see a future in college football with the ACC.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
I have to be honest any ecitement I had is gone don't take this wrong I still want tech to win and it;s not the 3 win seasons but the way college football has gone. The NIL is killing college football . Plus now add the way the SEC and Big10 have gone and the ACC sitting on theit butt , I'm sorry I just don't see a future in college football with the ACC.
I think we’re going to have a decent season. I’m not comparing it to teams from 10 years ago or from teams from the 80s/90s or when Dodd coached. I’m comparing it to the last 5 years. Yes, the bar is pretty low, but that’s the reality from the past 5 years.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm excited to eat chili slaw dogs, rings, and an FO.

I'm excited to gather by the shaft and listen to the band.

I'm excited to look at the swarm fill in.

I'm excited to see toe meet leather.

I'm excited to watch Tech men play football.

I'm excited to dance to Horse. (This is why I dont like box seats as much).

I'm there because Tech men and women put out an enormous effort for what happens on Grant field. As long as they are there doing that, I'm excited to cheer for them.

Truthfully? Its a little harder if all the games are just beatdowns and its a little more fun if we might beat the crotch gnawers or get to a title game. But only a little. Thats really not the point for me.

I'm excited about who the Yellow Jackets are.
I'm excited to be one.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don’t personally take issue with anyone adopting a wait and see attitude for beating their chests about us being world beaters next season. As long as you’re supporting the team, cautious optimism may well be the way forward for many of our fan base.

I bet @kg01 won’t even put you on his naughty list.

I guess I would be fair to let dudes do the want 'n see game, huh?

Well ......

you thought wrong GIF

You get on the bus, or you get run over by the bus, baybeee!

The kg account appreciates @jojatk being cautiously optimistic. We respect it. But he has 24 hours to get excited or risk getting put on tha list. ;)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I guess I would be fair to let dudes do the want 'n see game, huh?

Well ......

you thought wrong GIF

You get on the bus, or you get run over by the bus, baybeee!

The kg account appreciates @jojatk being cautiously optimistic. We respect it. But he has 24 hours to get excited or risk getting put on tha list. ;)
I gotta get my mind right!!! ;)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I gotta get my mind right!!! ;)

:unsure:

Hmmmm... gotta check with the judges on this one. You were given 24 hours to "get excited" not "get your mind right".

The judges have decided your disastrously loose use of exclamation points counts as 'excitement', although it borders on complete insanity, thus you may continue to consider yourself #NotListed.

Congrats ..... for now. :cautious:

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

Hmmmm... gotta check with the judges on this one. You were given 24 hours to "get excited" not "get your mind right".

The judges have decided your disastrously loose use of exclamation points counts as 'excitement', although it borders on complete insanity, thus you may continue to consider yourself #NotListed.

I am grateful for the wisdom of the judges in this matter and hopefully the 8 day cruise I just returned from has given me a measure of Zen-like calm and acceptance to embrace excitement moving forward.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

The suspense on these decisions is excruciating. It’s like waiting for the score from the Russian judge. You can cut the tension with a knife.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
As I look at this 1990 Natty bottle on my shelf, I have to remember that we went 15-38 between 1979 and 1983 and we only had a single win in two of those seasons. Different landscape now but things can turn around but the sooner the better.

Go Jackets!

View attachment 12620
For those that prefer a cup over a bottle for their team enthusiasm. I offer my slightly used 1990 favorite cup.
Go Jackets!

Attachments

• PXL_20220707_145059222.jpg
    PXL_20220707_145059222.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20220707_145038648.jpg
    PXL_20220707_145038648.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Good job, guys.You have successfully taken part a GT football discussion without actually talking football at all.I like the ingenuity of it. I hope it rubs off on the coaching staff.:)

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
As I look at this 1990 Natty bottle on my shelf, I have to remember that we went 15-38 between 1979 and 1983 and we only had a single win in two of those seasons. Different landscape now but things can turn around but the sooner the better.

Go Jackets!

View attachment 12620
Don't remind me....I sat in the student section and drowned my sorrows through most of those games.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I am hopeful that the changes made to our coaching staff combined with another year of growth for the players on our roster plus some potentially good additions from the portal and HS recruiting could lead to real, honest to goodness improved play on the field. I’m also hopeful that leads to more wins than what we’ve been subjected to the last three seasons.

I wouldn’t say I’m excited about the season, though. I was last year and what happened beat that out of me so now I’m just hopeful. Is that fair?
I can't help myself...I'm excited! ...moth to the 🔥