Excitement for the 2022 Season

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Thank you for this, I believe we can win all 3 games, as I believe we can win any game we play. I refuse to think otherwise. There's a few people on this board hoping we start 1-2, 0-3 so that Collins gets canned mid season. You can tell in their approach to the season and were still 2 months away
I make no secret I don't care for CGC but I would not or could not hope to lose to get another coach. I can't believe we would fire him during the season. Hell I hope we win 15 games but I'm sure we won't but it would be nice to have a winning season

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I make no secret I don't care for CGC but I would not or could not hope to lose to get another coach. I can't believe we would fire him during the season. Hell I hope we win 15 games but I'm sure we won't but it would be nice to have a winning season

Don't think anyone on this forum likes CGC, but if he wins 8 games this year we will all be happy. If were 0-6 then maybe fire mid season but other than that keep him till the end and hope for the best, plan for the worst.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If they do, they’re not fans.

The real deal though is that people that appear this way have lost all hope and believe that more losing will eventually lead to positive change. In other words, you have to crack some eggs to make an omelet.
What we are seeing is a bunch of negative people trying to couch their misery as "realism" when they're just being negative. Some just want to whine and complain and talk bad about the program. Not much you can do except ignore them.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
And some folks are on the other end of the spectrum. Unwarranted positivity is equally useless.
Agreed. But would your rather optimism or pessimism on June 29th?

I don't think anyone is blindly optimistic, most are cautiously optimistic. While others are just doing everything they can to trash the program as it stands today (coaching and leadership are part of the program).

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If you were on the Titanic as it was taking on water, would you want to listen to somebody saying, “We are all going to die.” or somebody saying “We are all going to live.”? Is this the choice you are giving me? Equally useless speculation. I want to listen to somebody telling me the location of the life boats.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you were on the Titanic as it was taking on water, would you want to listen to somebody saying, “We are all going to die.” or somebody saying “We are all going to live.”? Is this the choice you are giving me? Equally useless speculation. I want to listen to somebody telling me the location of the life boats.
Don't think anyone's saying "we're all going to live" but there are plenty saying "we're all going to die" or "we're already dead." Being cautiously optimistic isn't blowing sunshine bubbles out of one's rear. I don't think there's anyone on this site doing that.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Being optimistic about football games is what rooting for your team should be all about.
Unwarranted was the key word. I wasn’t knocking rooting for the team or being hopeful for the team. There are a few on here who can’t find anything to be hopeful about and some on here that do just the opposite. Reality is somewhere in between.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
Unwarranted was the key word. I wasn’t knocking rooting for the team or being hopeful for the team. There are a few on here who can’t find anything to be hopeful about and some on here that do just the opposite. Reality is somewhere in between.
understood. I look at it similarly to Charlie Brown kicking the football. A “realistic/pessimistic” person knows he will never get to kick the football – they will never be disappointed; however, they never get to enjoy the anticipation/excitement of kicking the crap out of the ball either. To each his own, but i think rooting for your school should be a lot more like Charlie Brown.

kalld12

Banned
Not surprising GT is rated as having the toughest schedule in the ACC

@SOWEGA Jacket

Another reputable site debunking your claims that our schedule isn't that hard, but that we just suck that bad. Cmon man, at some point you just need to stop spewing nonsense.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
What we are seeing is a bunch of negative people trying to couch their misery as "realism" when they're just being negative. Some just want to whine and complain and talk bad about the program. Not much you can do except ignore them.
I don’t understand why so many people are so negative! (Damnit! Where is that sarcasm button…?)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Let's all try to remember a few things.
  1. This thread is asking for reasons to be excited about 2022. If there are practical questions or comments about tempering expectations in context to your positivity then that's a great and healthy addition to the topic, just dropping reasons to be negative - without anything positive has a whole host of threads that make more sense to post on.
  2. The back and forths between posters scrambling to claim the high ground of "obviously" or "clearly" or "anyone with sense would agree" get tiresome so please - lets all do better :)

kalld12

Banned
Let's all try to remember a few things.
  1. This thread is asking for reasons to be excited about 2022. If there are practical questions or comments about tempering expectations in context to your positivity then that's a great and healthy addition to the topic, just dropping reasons to be negative - without anything positive has a whole host of threads that make more sense to post on.
  2. The back and forths between posters scrambling to claim the high ground of "obviously" or "clearly" or "anyone with sense would agree" get tiresome so please - lets all do better :)
Cmon man, welcome to todays world where everyone is right and everyone else is wrong, but you're right we should allow others to make nonsense posts attacking others and we should just stand by and let them. That may be you, but that isn't me. Thanks for caring tho