Excitement for the 2022 Season

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If cgc uses this defensive formation , can we void his contract based on dimished capacities ?

That would make me excited

I hope this photo inserts.

20211030_132345_copy_1008x567.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Well this looks like a blitz so makes sense to have the safety cover deep....we can't run cover zero a lot, we aren't good enough even if we want to blitz.
I am no longer excited we could get out of the contract based of you giving cgc benefit of the doubt.

The picture is at least six seconds after the snap. We went pressure w lb. They were in max protect. We are in tight man coverage and locked up on receivers. No receiver is deep . The qb got 18 yards this time. The saftey is not coordinated w the rest of the players.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
If cgc uses this defensive formation , can we void his contract based on dimished capacities ?

That would make me excited

I hope this photo inserts.

View attachment 12695
Who’s the defender shaded by the middle ref? Seemed like it was a LB but I don’t really recall - his angle was bad but again this is a blitz so you kind of live by / die by getting to the QB BEHIND the LOS.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Who’s the defender shaded by the middle ref? Seemed like it was a LB but I don’t really recall - his angle was bad but again this is a blitz so you kind of live by / die by getting to the QB BEHIND the LOS.
Live or die? The safety is 25-30 yds past the LOS .
The lb finally ran the qb down. I can post the play where the rb (99) caught the under delayed pass and the safety was sprinting to get into position but got juked. He joined the other defenders as 99 ran to pylon. Later in game the qb made another fake pass long run w same super deep drop.
Worst pass defense in football. If we continue to see this before BYE week , I will be excited to see cgc and thacker gone by mid year.

However if the new defense back coach, cgc , thacker can get the defense to play well in first half of year, then I will be back on board.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Live or die? The safety is 25-30 yds past the LOS .
The lb finally ran the qb down. I can post the play where the rb (99) caught the under delayed pass and the safety was sprinting to get into position but got juked. He joined the other defenders as 99 ran to pylon. Later in game the qb made another fake pass long run w same super deep drop.
Worst pass defense in football. If we continue to see this before BYE week , I will be excited to see cgc and thacker gone by mid year.

However if the new defense back coach, cgc , thacker can get the defense to play well in first half of year, then I will be back on board.

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty vocal all year about my disdain for soft coverage and the depth we set our pass defense at. I'm not riding in to attempt to justify them - just was curious about looking at who it was that got takrn out of the play.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am no longer excited we could get out of the contract based of you giving cgc benefit of the doubt.

The picture is at least six seconds after the snap. We went pressure w lb. They were in max protect. We are in tight man coverage and locked up on receivers. No receiver is deep . The qb got 18 yards this time. The saftey is not coordinated w the rest of the players.
Dude, wrong thread. Try to keep this one positive. It wasn't clever, either.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Don't get me wrong, I was pretty vocal all year about my disdain for soft coverage and the depth we set our pass defense at. I'm not riding in to attempt to justify them - just was curious about looking at who it was that got takrn out of the play.
Thanks. I am sorry I brought up negative thoughts.

I showed the pictures to my hs head coaching son. He said he had a db that didn't understand what it meant to keep the receiver in front of u. . After he was torched a couple of times he got db and db coach together. The kid said " Coach , while I am chasing the wr , he is in front of me. That's what u told me.

Sure its way more complicated at college level - I am hopeful the new ast coaches are clearly communicating.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Thanks. I am sorry I brought up negative thoughts.

I showed the pictures to my hs head coaching son. He said he had a db that didn't understand what it meant to keep the receiver in front of u. . After he was torched a couple of times he got db and db coach together. The kid said " Coach , while I am chasing the wr , he is in front of me. That's what u told me.

Sure its way more complicated at college level - I am hopeful the new ast coaches are clearly communicating.
No worries my friend - I know we all want to see our guys playing better and it is always more fun to break down film after a winning series than a losing one so everyone is ready for those times again. I respect your thoughts on the scheme and have enjoyed talking with you and others here about the scheme over the years. Here is to hoping we get some badly needed improvement soon!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Well cover 1, the Safety has no run responsibilities. He must remain deepest as the deepest in the deep middle