Everybody wants to hold the baby. Nobody wants to go through labor.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I understand where the OP is coming from. But, as pointed out, if a tornado wipes out the lab is it smart to continue the experiment in the parking lot being exposed to the elements? Right now, no one has decomitted and no one has entered the portal. But this is like sitting on the beach enjoying the summer breeze when the weatherman knows a hurricane is coming. I hate to say it but we are going to lose current players and we are going to lose commits. We’ve won 9 games in 3 years. Players and parents aren’t going to wait for an experiment. They are going to bounce. When Derrick Moore left that was a major red flag. He is GT thru and thru from my area and he bouncy (I know it’s about money). I wish we could run thru this experiment, but the scientist doesn’t even know how to use the bunsen burner so the experiment may not be valid in the end anyway.
Yeah, I hope I'm wrong but I would bet recruiting is going to fall off and the transfer portal is not going to be kind going forward.

Gomez Adams

Jolly Good Fellow
We think we ought to be further along and winning a more respectable number of games by now.
I would be satisfied with at least not looking like complete fools on the field on both sides of the ball.

Seriously. It's embarrassing how bad we are. On Collins' watch we've lost to:
  • The Citidel
  • Temple
  • Duke
  • UCF
  • Syracuse
  • Northern Illinois
Those are not what one could call teams that should beat us, but they do. Anybody that typically does beat us has flat-out embarrassed us.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I would be satisfied with at least not looking like complete fools on the field on both sides of the ball.

• The Citidel
  • Temple
  • Duke
  • UCF
  • Syracuse
  • Northern Illinois
Those are not what one could call teams that should beat us, but they do. Anybody that typically does beat us has flat-out embarrassed us.

This is precisely why I disagree with the OP. Collins can’t win the few games we actually should. I don’t see that magically changing.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Honestly disappointed we have people here who actually took offense to what @ilovetheoption said because he’s a uva fan. Are we that tribalistic? I personally disagree with his take, but I think it was a well-informed and well-gestured point.
I'm willing to give a pass :) If a GT fan came onto the Sabre and gave their opinion the day after we got smoked and looking at getting smoked by VT, I'd expect there to be a fair amount of "GFY, Nerd" posts, regardless of how reasonable it was.

When you go onto another teams board, you expect some flaming. It's part of the deal. As a wise man once said, "it is what it is".

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm willing to give a pass :) If a GT fan came onto the Sabre and gave their opinion the day after we got smoked and looking at getting smoked by VT, I'd expect there to be a fair amount of "GFY, Nerd" posts, regardless of how reasonable it was.

When you go onto another teams board, you expect some flaming. It's part of the deal. As a wise man once said, "it is what it is".
Damn, even Uvag fans think of us as nerds? I wasn't ready for that shot coming from the glass house.😉

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
good points and I think about how I felt about CPastner in year 3 and it was not good. IF CGCollins can keep the players on board, and keep the recruits coming, then time is on his side, but if recruits are turned off by the records and no bowls, and if Gibbs decides to transfer to Tennessee (I heard from a UT fan that he saw this on a UT board), that would be the end of the experiment. Pastner had a 5 year plan and patience paid off. If we keep the recruits and the talent we have, maybe we win some games next year and Collins = Paster. keep in mind, had we beaten NIU, BC and VaTEch or Clemson or UVA and had 5 wins, we would feel very different, even with drubbings by ND and uga

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow

• The Citidel
  • Temple
  • Duke
  • UCF
  • Syracuse
  • Northern Illinois
Just think.... if we win those, we have now won 15 games in 3 years.............. still averaging a losing a record per year :(

I hate being a tech fan... My liver can't handle it

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hell most of us think we are nerds
Well y'all are. I didn't go to Tech and am not that smart. They say if you own a word it takes the power out of it but I am not one so when a ugag fan calls me a nerd, even though I should be flattered I guess, my first instinct is to give them a two piece and a biscuit. (That means kick their ***)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Just send them a 6 pack of Zima and all will be well...
You know what? I'll own this. And I'll reveal a little.
I didn't go to UVa. I'm just from Va. I went to Ole Miss for undergrad.
I learned to drink bourbon there, and I still drink Bourbon and diet if I'm getting a simple cocktail, but I like fruity umbrella drinks, and I don't mind admitting it.

The more juice in a cocktail, the more I enjoy it.

Do you know why? Because alcohol tastes bad.

There are a million different flavored vodkas. There's not "vodka flavored" ANYTHING.

I don't drink my whiskey clear. I don't drink my scotch neat. I drink my drinks with berries and crushed ice and salt on the rim.

All that said, Zima wasn't bad then, and White Claw isn't bad now.

Sue me.