Everybody wants to hold the baby. Nobody wants to go through labor.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'd argue that you've seen the data that your team sucks, not that they've quit. They are two very different things, but @tomknight makes an ENTIRELY fair point. this is not my team, and I'm just as insane about UVa as you guys are about GT, so I get it.
For what it’s worth i think uva sucks also, and your coach is a d-bag weirdo

and we CAN win this way, we have in the past before CPJ, but we need competent coaching/player development to go along with the recruiting

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Great analogy:

The beaker broke and the experiment exploded all over the lab. The experiment is over. It's time to turn off the bunsen burner...and maybe even find the emergency eye wash...

/

MidtownJacket

Staff member

and we CAN win this way, we have in the past before CPJ, but we need competent coaching/player development to go along with the recruiting
I think the difference is we actually made a concerted effort to Ignore the scheme components under this staff.
When or Where else have you seen a coach define their vision of their D Scheme as "Effort Based" it is laughable if it weren't so damning. We are a SNL Skit right now parodying a Ted Lasso approach on scheme.

That part is frustrating and I agree with a lot of our fans and posters here, that we need an identity that is tangible and means something other than "elite" "chaos" "effort" "competition is king" fluff. Fine if we run a vanilla scheme, but run what we can execute for crying out loud. Our OL is historically bad and injury plagued so don't leave our QB as a statue back there, roll him out and use the stable of RB that is languishing on the vine with quick hit pitches / RPO concepts that don't take 5 seconds to develop.

end vent

That was therapeutic, thanks for reading.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

The last time we won trying to out recruit we actually still did use a schematic advantage it was just the Tenuta Blitz on defense. O'leary was friedgin it was very much an offensive scheme that was based on deception and option.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I understand where the OP is coming from. But, as pointed out, if a tornado wipes out the lab is it smart to continue the experiment in the parking lot being exposed to the elements? Right now, no one has decomitted and no one has entered the portal. But this is like sitting on the beach enjoying the summer breeze when the weatherman knows a hurricane is coming. I hate to say it but we are going to lose current players and we are going to lose commits. We’ve won 9 games in 3 years. Players and parents aren’t going to wait for an experiment. They are going to bounce. When Derrick Moore left that was a major red flag. He is GT thru and thru from my area and he bouncy (I know it’s about money). I wish we could run thru this experiment, but the scientist doesn’t even know how to use the bunsen burner so the experiment may not be valid in the end anyway.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd argue that you've seen the data that your team sucks, not that they've quit. They are two very different things, but @tomknight makes an ENTIRELY fair point. this is not my team, and I'm just as insane about UVa as you guys are about GT, so I get it.
I have no problem with a fan from another school coming here to give your opinion at all, especially when it's a school we play every year. You see us enough to have somewhat of an informed opinion. But one thing I will ask is, did you watch our game Saturday? I think there have been times this year that we have really sucked. But Saturday, some of our guys gave up. I don't say that because I'm mad and just want to make an excuse. We had guys on that field Saturday that didn't want to be there. Like a saddist, I watched EVERY FREAKING snap of that ballgame. Our coaching staff is not up to snuff, especially our top 3, but Saturday we sucked AND we quit. Not everyone quit but it only takes a few.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Great analogy:

The beaker broke and the experiment exploded all over the lab. The experiment is over. It's time to turn off the bunsen burner...and maybe even find the emergency eye wash...

/
I think we need to leave the burner on, open up a propane or hydorgen tank and place it next to the burner...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate your analysis any time, ilovetheoption. But that having been said, I must politely disagree that we need to see the experiment through. The data is in, and our coach has failed. Further experimentation will only confirm what we already know.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm another who likes having an impartial observer sharing his thoughts.

My take is the fury on the board is not so much about the transition, and certainly not the upgrade in recruiting that Collins has been able to make. I think it is really more on the coordinators and what we have seen concerning in-game day coaching. That is, even though we are in a transition, we are three years in now and we are not without some talent. We think we ought to be further along and winning a more respectable number of games by now.