ESPN: Georgia Tech restoring football program to former glory

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, the two previous coaches both had three years and everyone was glad to see them go. Funny how the bar keeps getting set lower and lower.

When the previous coach quits because he knows the program is trending downward and leaves the cupboard bare you get more leeway.

Collins doesn’t get the keys to a top 25 program like Gailey or a stacked roster like Johnson.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
When the previous coach quits because he knows the program is trending downward and leaves the cupboard bare you get more leeway.

Collins doesn’t get the keys to a top 25 program like Gailey or a stacked roster like Johnson.
Cupboard is bare? News to me.

Thank god the season is back. I hope we can all move on and look forward to what we have.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

The cupboard was definitely not bare. Although there were holes, there are absolutely ballers on this team. As for quitting because he knows the program is trending downward, that's pure speculation. I could speculate that ADTS told CPJ that CMS had to go and CPJ said he'd retire first. Retiring is not quitting.