ESPN: Georgia Tech restoring football program to former glory

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Got a problem with returning to former glory header. First let me say I'm happy with the change at HC but CPJ was a damn good coach and we weren't the f'ing doormat of the ACC while he was here. We won an orange bowl in 2014 for the first time in 60s years..... Hope the new regime can improve on the previous staff's successes and make us an annual top 25 team. Coach Collins definitely seems like the man for the job!

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Got a problem with returning to former glory header. First let me say I'm happy with the change at HC but CPJ was a damn good coach and we weren't the f"ing doormat of the ACC while he was here. We won an orange bowl in 2014 for the first time in 60s years..... Hope the new regime can improve on the previous staffs successes and make us an annual top 25 team. Coach Collins definitely seems like the man for the job!
I like him saying let's aim for 10 better than your proposal we be top 25.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When he was growing up.........Top ten every year? News Years Day Bowl game, Competing for ACC championships?

Let's see....he was born in 1971, so from then until he was 21, Tech was in the Top 10 in 1990 and as preseason #8 in 1991. Played in ONE News Years Day Bowl Game.
Good catch- he summarizwd our good years incorrectly and u caught him. Good job.

But u coild be are right about us.

We haven't really been very good for more than a few brief moments before we have an school embarrassing disaster like the oil change bowl.

Please drop the grammar grouch stuff and root for this guy to be successful at making a part of being top 10.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
im glad the back to the glory was brought up. in a sense i see it as a dis to cpj.... not that it was intended to be that way.

im hoping that we can improve on cpj record and continue to improve on graduating all our sa's as cpj did.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
So back to former glory both oversells our recent-ish glory and undersells our recent-er glory. I understand the beef, honestly, and those that are in this over the long haul will raise eyebrows at these stories, but for everyone else it's shaping perception. And it's a perception that helps us tremendously right now. I'll look the other way. I think CGC has been adequately respectful to CPJ.

Animal02

Banned
im glad the back to the glory was brought up. in a sense i see it as a dis to cpj.... not that it was intended to be that way.

im hoping that we can improve on cpj record and continue to improve on graduating all our sa's as cpj did.
Tech went to more New Years Day Bowl games than Tech did when CGC was "growing up" and was ranked in the top 10 the same number of times.
It doesn't pass the BS meter.

Animal02

Banned
So back to former glory both oversells our recent-ish glory and undersells our recent-er glory. I understand the beef, honestly, and those that are in this over the long haul will raise eyebrows at these stories, but for everyone else it's shaping perception. And it's a perception that helps us tremendously right now. I'll look the other way. I think CGC has been adequately respectful to CPJ.
Perception based on a lie or multiple lies?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
When he was growing up.........Top ten every year? News Years Day Bowl game, Competing for ACC championships?

Let's see....he was born in 1971, so from then until he was 21, Tech was in the Top 10 in 1990 and as preseason #8 in 1991. Played in ONE News Years Day Bowl Game.
Spotted that.