#DUKEvsGT Postgame Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1606622200471.png

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Very crazy first half. Duke isn't great this year at all. With that said, this team needed this, happy for the kids. Coach DP coached better on the sidelines and thacker cleaned things up in the second half.
Im guessing gibbs will be out for the season which really sucks.

Congrats to Collins for his first over 50 game at tech

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I was going to say Sims played amazing, but all of our guys on offense and defense played amazing football! The turnovers were just mishandles of the ball that should be cleaned up with reps. I am glad we got to 3 wins to tie last year, with this year being a messed up COVID year I am happy to see we at least didn't regress, but I am hoping we can pull out another win or two with our last 3 games.

LET'S GO GT!

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Finally caught the game sometime in the 2nd quarter. Sloppy at times but glad to see the win. I hope gibbs is okay

Dominick had a monster game and curry led the defense to some nice turnovers. Hope Sims develops more over the years.

Nice to get back to pummeling duke. The offensive numbers are reminiscent of the old days. I hope that comment doesnt open up a can lmao

Go jackets !!

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Gibbs is the truth.

OL played really well opening holes for the RBs.

Running game looked great.

Sims and kicking game improved.

Domenick is a bad man and only getting better.

Love the forced turnovers.

Things to improve in for sure but I’m going to focus on the positives.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Coach DP coached better on the sidelines
Also this! This was huge, I loved seeing Coach Patenaude on the sidelines. I think that made all the difference in the world as he was able to go over and talk with Sims after plays. Loved to see that, and makes me think we will see more improvement and a building relationship between the two.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Crazy first half, “bowl rust” was pretty evident. Most of our mistakes seemed to be flukes and mental mistakes, while Duke’s turnovers were mostly flukes.

Again our secondary is just getting torched, I hope we can build on that over the end of this season and before the next.

Still love to see the W, great play all around! Hope Gibb’s injury isn’t serious

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
Didnt get to watch. Can someone plz provide a breakdown of what went right, who played well etc. Is Gibbs hurt bad?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Also this! This was huge, I loved seeing Coach Patenaude on the sidelines. I think that made all the difference in the world as he was able to go over and talk with Sims after plays. Loved to see that, and makes me think we will see more improvement and a building relationship between the two.
Anyone know who was in the booth for him. Good win