Duke Week - Twitter Notes

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Nico Pierre running scout team in quarterback. During meeting times, the scout team is running the option and do a good job as anyone as mimicking Georgia Tech's offense. Went Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday against Georgia Tech's offense and defense in prep during the week.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Is this a joke about hand, foot and mouth disease? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand,_foot_and_mouth_disease

I had only heard about it in pre-schools. No real decrease in athletic ability expected. But if their team has it, none of their players with symptoms should be allowed to play. ...... I wonder if Miami had it too which is why they lost?

No, it's real.

Duke backup QB and the one they bring in at the redzone missed the Duke-Miami game because of it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So then Duke may lose some more players in our game? Or has the virus run it's course in the two weeks? The tweet made it sound like it was still active.

We sure do not need it after all the off season attrition. I'm going to start a separate thread asking about injuries for the Duke game. But so far we have been very fortunate compared to previous years in the injuries area. It can change in a play, but we have been so far.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
So then Duke may lose some more players in our game? Or has the virus run it's course in the two weeks? The tweet made it sound like it was still active.

We sure do not need it after all the off season attrition. I'm going to start a separate thread asking about injuries for the Duke game. But so far we have been very fortunate compared to previous years in the injuries area. It can change in a play, but we have been so far.

I think it's done.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Duke has had two weeks to prepare they will have a decent game plan in place to slow down the option. I think it's gonna be a JT's hand and for him to pass the ball down field in this one. Smelter & Waller should have good days.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure it was hilarious...keep talking Cutty. We might just put up 60 on you
My understanding is that Cutcliffe may be a great coach and all but that he has seriously engaged in negative recruiting against Tech since he got there and this may be some evidence of what he likes to say on that topic. I am very curious to read his comments. I guess he deems it a strategy he needs to use against Tech and so sees us as a main competitor over recruits.

I do know that CPJ's teams have played them as if they circle the game on the calendar every year without regard to either teams current conference standings going into it. Same seems to go for UNC so maybe CPJ just likes to try and whoop schools from his own home state. :p

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
How to negative recruit against Duke: "We beat their a** 10 years in a row, and beat them at their place 38-14 last year with a QB who didn't have a clue how to run the option."