• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
You know what will make the difference tomorrow? YOU WILL!!! Get up, go to the game, and make some freaking noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this. Get off the computer and stop wondering what the score is going to be. Get down to the stadium, buy a ticket and raise some hell today! Beat Duke.
Oh...Tech 43 Duke 31.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
34-31. Tech but I’m scared of their defense. This prediction is totally based on our offense making their blocks and reads. The duke defense is fast and talented, reads will be difficult and blocking or a lack thereof will be the story.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm going to post this hoping the football gods will prove me wrong.

Duke is a much more physical team than us. We have gotten soft. I know Duke has had two weeks to get ready for us.
This is the game I thought we "quit " last year. Especially in the second half.

I think that's about to happen again. It's sad. Duke has become a better, more physical football program than us.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
This game is really ugly so far, in pretty much every way. Both teams, the refereeing, the mental mistakes...

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I love Paul Johnson.

But.... It's time. He will always be considered one of the best coaches in GT history. His record stands up next to everyone. We have gotten soft. Is that because of coaching or because of the type of kids we are recruiting? Who knows.

Duke is getting a different type of kid now. We don't get them, for whatever reason.

This program, to be frank, all athletics at GT need to be better. Some need new leadership.
All need support from the administration. All would benefit from relaxed entrance qualifications or more majors to choose from.

I don't have the answers. But I can't watch this much longer.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It is pretty sad when ordinary programs like Duke can come into Georgia and take players that we want. Our recruiting is poor and the record reflects that. No amount of scheming and coaching can make up for poor recruiting. Just the way it is.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Man, I hate this....the team has got me fired up again and wanting me to predict a win. I am using my Acme score predictor to say GT...28, Duke 24. Hang on brothers and sisters, we have a thriller brewing here at Grant Field today.I sometimes feel like Wile E. Coyote in his firm conviction that he will, in fact, catch the roadrunner. I keep thinking that this may turn out to be a successful season despite the rocky start.I hope my Acme predictor doesn't blow up in my face yet again.

I have a slightly used Acme prediction machine for sale. No reasonable offer refused.
Signed,
Wile E. Coyote

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love Paul Johnson.

But.... It's time. He will always be considered one of the best coaches in GT history. His record stands up next to everyone. We have gotten soft. Is that because of coaching or because of the type of kids we are recruiting? Who knows.

Duke is getting a different type of kid now. We don't get them, for whatever reason.

This program, to be frank, all athletics at GT need to be better. Some need new leadership.
All need support from the administration. All would benefit from relaxed entrance qualifications or more majors to choose from.

I don't have the answers. But I can't watch this much longer.

CPJ is not one of the best coaches in GT history. But I don't think replacing him will do much good either. I didn't watch. Went to a funeral and listened to the three turnovers, then got something productive done. Now sitting down to watch relevant football. Go LSU.

CPJ solidly in 6th now as the chart below has stats at the beginning of the year.
image.png

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The turnovers were mostly a result of forcing something. If we were actually moving the ball and scoring when our defense was playing well, we would not have had some of these.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Heck, I feel better about our special teams than I have in a while. Harvin is a beast and Wells 41 yarder last week looked like it would have been good from 50. Plus it had an actual good trajectory.

There is more to STs than FGs and punts (btw, we lost the punt game also).