• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t seen a single prediction online that has us winning...most are predicting a 3-10 point loss. Is that really what we’ve become?

I don’t know man...these guys beat Army, Northwestern, Baylor, and NC Central and then got routed by VT at home (who lost to Old Dominion). Yeah of course their defense looks great...but I’m just not buying it. I think they’re down...VT ain’t all that good...might be time for a home thrashing, but probably something more like this:

Georgia Tech 34
Duke 21

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
If TM continues getting the offense in the right plays and hits 50% of his passes, we should win. If Duke's D gets our offense rattled, we're in trouble. To me, this is a toss up, but I think we take care of business at home. 38-31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Homecoming. Let's do this. Poll included.

Duke by a touchdown. I am afraid that we will have no answers for Daniel Jones and a fine group of receivers. Duke's linebackers are the strength of their defense and they are coming off a bye week to get injured players of which there were quite a few, back in the fold. Could go either way but unless we can do something about the run blitzes by the safety and somehow get to the edge it may be a long day for the offense. We will see.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Been thinking a lot about this game and am feeling eerily good about it. Duke has a strong defense, no doubt, but frankly if we avoid the trash with balls on grass and poor pitch relationship I actually think we are going to overmatch them.

The OLine is going to HAVE to play like a few Parker Brauns but I think we got a shot at owning this game. My guess is we win by a two score margin. I just think we will cave then in 3rd and 4thQ.

I also think our defense will continue their streaky collection of takeaways and blown coverages. I don’t think we will miss a turn scoring though and it won’t matter. I’m calling the reverse of 2017. We will own the second half and see the return of soul breaking death marches for the last 30 minutes.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Been thinking a lot about this game and am feeling eerily good about it. Duke has a strong defense, no doubt, but frankly if we avoid the trash with balls on grass and poor pitch relationship I actually think we are going to overmatch them.

The OLine is going to HAVE to play like a few Parker Brauns but I think we got a shot at owning this game. My guess is we win by a two score margin. I just think we will cave then in 3rd and 4thQ.

I also think our defense will continue their streaky collection of takeaways and blown coverages. I don’t think we will miss a turn scoring though and it won’t matter. I’m calling the reverse of 2017. We will own the second half and see the return of soul breaking death marches for the last 30 minutes.

Too bad GT can't be 4-2 right now because 1-4 Tulsa is beating 5-0 USF 24-10 in the 4th quarter:wideyed::confused::eek:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Duke has only played one good team and got a beatdown for its troubles. That said, this is a well coached team that is coming off a bye week. Offensive line will have to play at a very high level for us to win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think if GT wins tomorrow they can win 7-8 games and get a pretty good Bowl game.

If we win tomorrow, I think we have 6 wins.

Winning @VT or Miami or @UGAg isn't realistic for more than maybe one upset.

But I'll greatly enjoy a win tomorrow and let the future be as it will be. We only have 6 or 7 more games this season.