• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So, GT 31- Duke 30. Late in the 4th, trailing 28-30; TQM makes a 3rd and long pass to Jalen Camp on the sideline to move us down field, we take the lead with a field goal inside 60 seconds, the special teams downs the kickoff inside the 15 and the defense forces a 4th and out to end it. We get all the monkeys off our back.

Heart failure.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Atomic has us 30-28. So like last week, I'll flip it and make it Duke 30, GT 28.

I don't know how real our offensive improvement has been and that will be tested somewhat. Winning this game would be the best win of the season. Duke has a power rnaking of 30 and we are 55. Winning this game would give us a good chance of making a bowl game. Lose this game and I doubt we go to a bowl.

I do have a conundrum about watching the game though. Someone had the turpitude to die and have their funeral during the game. I could not go to the funeral or forgo watching it live. When I didn't watch last year against Duke in the second half we got blown out. So I'll just have the phone on mute in the prayer book with the game on ...... is that sacrilegious? :rhetorical

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Weekly look at the matchup from a recruiting standpoint (using 247):

GT Duke.jpg

For all intents and purposes, GT and Duke recruit recruits exactly the same. Although we've had a higher ceiling in that time span (2014-2018) going to the OB in 2014 and winning 9 games in 2016, Duke has been more consistent missing only 1 bowl game in 2016. Duke has started this season better than we have playing against some good teams (Baylor, Northwestern, Army, VT). They lost to VT last weekend.

On paper, this is a pretty even matchup. Duke has a future NFL QB (but that can be said pretty much every year under Cutcliffe), and they have some good skill players. Duke also has a fairly good, and well rounded defense. Both their rush and passing defenses are good. Duke was able to catch Army early and come out on top. How much of that will factor in our match up? I think it helps more than it hurts, but GT is far more talented than Army.

I think the difference will need to come from our defense. I think our offense will be able to put up some points, but the defense is going to have to make some stops because I think Duke's defense is capable of making us punt more than we would like to.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
38-17 Duke. I don't see this as competitive. Our offense will struggle mightily against this D.

Hope I'm wrong.