• Duke by 7-13

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Duke by 14+

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this will be a pretty low scoring affair. Unlike Roof, Woody has shown a willingness to use substitution packages and I expect we will challenge Duke's short throws. On the flip side, we follow up two offensive performances against an outmanned team (Bowling Green) and an non-motivated team (Louisville) with a team that both knows how to defend the option and has had success against us recently.

I think 30 points wins it. Not sure which side that'll be.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Man, I hate this....the team has got me fired up again and wanting me to predict a win. I am using my Acme score predictor to say GT...28, Duke 24. Hang on brothers and sisters, we have a thriller brewing here at Grant Field today.I sometimes feel like Wile E. Coyote in his firm conviction that he will, in fact, catch the roadrunner. I keep thinking that this may turn out to be a successful season despite the rocky start.I hope my Acme predictor doesn't blow up in my face yet again.

Deleted member 2897

I am going to stick with my history of picking nearly impossible numbers. GT wins 32-26. We'll have over 200 yards of punts. Our defense will have some great plays and some big oops. Our offense will too.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
As for a prediction, I have no freaking clue. Who can accurately predict 18 to 22-year-olds?

What do I want to see? GT by one point. Anything else is gravy.

On second thought, I want to see us control the offensive line of scrimmage. Not some of the time, all of the time. If we do that, we will win. No doubt.

Deleted member 2897

b3esvencqaafwdn.jpg

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We better have the Offense reved because I have my doubts about our DEF.( The STs are a wild-card and not in a good way.Hope for neutral there).
We could win for sure but our only real advantage is a Home game. dook 31-28.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
This is a good test to see whether the offense of the past two weeks was a fluke, or if it has staying power. This is a team we’ve struggled with for four seasons. If we score at will on them, we might be ready to go on a run.

I think the offense is going to be good enough. 41-38, Jackets.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
( The STs are a wild-card and not in a good way.Hope for neutral there).

Heck, I feel better about our special teams than I have in a while. Harvin is a beast and Wells 41 yarder last week looked like it would have been good from 50. Plus it had an actual good trajectory.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Jackets continue on their win streak as the roll continues and picks up speed.....Jackets 48-21......defense makes some big strides this game.....

Jmonty71

Banned
Duke has a decent defense and we seems to play down to their level, every year. I don't see this as a high scoring game. GT 20 Duke 17. A ugly game, but I think a win. A hope at least.. Got to beat Duke!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Heck, I feel better about our special teams than I have in a while. Harvin is a beast and Wells 41 yarder last week looked like it would have been good from 50. Plus it had an actual good trajectory.
maybe, lets see him do it under pressure, then it means a bunch

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Man, I hate this....the team has got me fired up again and wanting me to predict a win. I am using my Acme score predictor to say GT...28, Duke 24. Hang on brothers and sisters, we have a thriller brewing here at Grant Field today.I sometimes feel like Wile E. Coyote in his firm conviction that he will, in fact, catch the roadrunner. I keep thinking that this may turn out to be a successful season despite the rocky start.I hope my Acme predictor doesn't blow up in my face yet again.

Same here.

Beating UL and BG felt really good. Getting the road game monkey off our back, winning an ACC game, kicking a dang 41-yard field goal, 18/18 on XPs... I'd love to believe the improvement is real and this is a 2016-style win 8-9 after a 3-3 start.

But, until I see us win a close game that comes down to needing a play from the D, or a field goal, or not giving up a return to setup a field goal, or making a pass to keep the game alive... I can't have much confidence. But I also cannot pick Duke.

So, GT 31- Duke 30. Late in the 4th, trailing 28-30; TQM makes a 3rd and long pass to Jalen Camp on the sideline to move us down field, we take the lead with a field goal inside 60 seconds, the special teams downs the kickoff inside the 15 and the defense forces a 4th and out to end it. We get all the monkeys off our back.