Duke Vs Ga Tech Recruiting since 2015

Eli

Helluva Engineer
This years 5th year seniors are class of 2015.

Duke - NAT 52 ACC 12
Tech - NAT 44 ACC 8

Duke - NAT 33 ACC 6
Tech - NAT 60 ACC 11

Duke - NAT 47 ACC 8
Tech - NAT 48 ACC 9

Duke - NAT 63 ACC 12
Tech - NAT 44 ACC 8

Duke - NAT 49 ACC 8
Tech - NAT 51 ACC 9

So Duke not only has been on par/ better then Tech most years they’ve also been recruiting for their own scheme. Duke also has a number of players from Georgia and Atlanta on the roster. I think we all agree that Tech should be out recruiting Duke every season, especially now that we have more money, coaches and a different scheme.

The main reason I shared this data isn’t to look for an excuse to why we lost to Duke. It’s to help put into perspective how out manned Tech is against every team we play. If these are the numbers against Duke you can all pretty much assume what it’s looks like when we compare recruiting to Miami, UNC, VT, UGA, Clemson etc. In my opinion The main reason Tech is struggling this season and has struggled since 2014 isn’t because of any coach or scheme but just simply because of recruiting.

How do we compare vs the citadel?

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
My insight is Having even talent with Duke is unacceptable.

We got our doors blown off by the half. That’s 100% coaching. We can’t even hang with a team of equal talent for a half. That’s pathetic and should be unacceptable to everyone.

The extent this staff has to out recruit someone in order to even be competitive again is terrifying.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
We got our doors blown off by the half. That’s 100% coaching. We can’t even hang with a team of equal talent for a half. That’s pathetic and should be unacceptable to everyone.
Double edged sword. I’m sure you questioned recruiting when we had negative rushing yards against Clemson in a quarter a couple years ago, but I’m also sure it wasn’t Coach’s fault. It’s impossible to recruit at Tech it can’t be done. It’s not like Collins has a top 25 class his first year with a 1-5 team. Says a lot about how irrelevant Tech is and has been when our best recruiting effort in 12 years comes with a 1-5 season so far. The sad truth is most of the kids we’ve recruited this year thought Tech was Georgia Tech University and hadn’t watched a lick of Tech over the past couple seasons.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
We get embarrassed every single week. I don’t think we’d have a winning record in the FCS this year with this coaching staff.
If today’s loss is so embarrassing how have you dealt with losing 5 out of the last 6 to the same team? When we lose to Pitt it will be 4 out of the last 5 to them. Collins inherited a real powerhouse!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
First of all, the 2020 class is not yet signed. Second of all, it is somewhat weak in actual average stars, although better than the last few years for sure. Lastly, it lacks quantity and quality on the lines. I guess the "recruiting is going to get us out of this mess" people believe the 2020 class is going to be just the beginning. I sure hope so.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
This is kind of big, though. They have been recruiting players to their scheme, which is now closer to our scheme. OLine is the biggest place this shows up. There is no substitute for size. In our 2020 class, even our lower rated recruits are absolute giants compared to before, bith sides if the ball. We are physically mismatched without running our unique scheme, even against Duke.
We lost because our defense got destroyed. I get the scheme change on offense. But our defense should not be that much worse than duke offense.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
SW don’t you know some of these people think GT was playing for the national championship the past 10 years.

After these first 2 years, Collins would have to go on a program historic run to get back to what the past 10 years produced.

Double edged sword. I’m sure you questioned recruiting when we had negative rushing yards against Clemson in a quarter a couple years ago, but I’m also sure it wasn’t Coach’s fault. It’s impossible to recruit at Tech it can’t be done. It’s not like Collins has a top 25 class his first year with a 1-5 team. Says a lot about how irrelevant Tech is and has been when our best recruiting effort in 12 years comes with a 1-5 season so far. The sad truth is most of the kids we’ve recruited this year thought Tech was Georgia Tech University and hadn’t watched a lick of Tech over the past couple seasons.

We had a HC that couldn’t recruit but could scheme and develop. We replaced him with a HC who can recruit but can’t scheme and develop.

The Law of Tech Sports achieved.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
If today’s loss is so embarrassing how have you dealt with losing 5 out of the last 6 to the same team? When we lose to Pitt it will be 4 out of the last 5 to them. Collins inherited a real powerhouse!

The last 6 years we were competitive with our competition for the most part. You guys don’t seem to understand the losses aren’t what worry us. It’s how we’ve gotten them.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
First of all, the 2020 class is not yet signed. Second of all, it is somewhat weak in actual average stars, although better than the last few years for sure. Lastly, it lacks quantity and quality on the lines. I guess the "recruiting is going to get us out of this mess" people believe the 2020 class is going to be just the beginning. I sure hope so.
We have a day 1 starter at RT commited in my opinion. When you get some time watch Jordan Williams HUDL film. His punch and first step is elite and he already has the size. I’d be surprised to see him not getting playing time at RT next year, 6’6 306 Pounds.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
The last 6 years we were competitive with our competition for the most part. You guys don’t seem to understand the losses aren’t what worry us. It’s how we’ve gotten them.
I can understand that but I don’t think it’s fair considering the circumstances. The Citadel loss should be your guys main point, it has the most reason IMO.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We have a day 1 starter at RT commited in my opinion. When you get some time watch Jordan Williams HUDL film. His punch and first step is elite and he already has the size. I’d be surprised to see him not getting playing time at RT next year, 6’6 306 Pounds.

One player ain't going to make it, but it is a start. To do what CGC is trying to do will require many more bodies, and they will need to be big and fast. If they are a little less than what UGAG and Clemson and etc. are getting, then he better be able to coach them up big time.

Today's big boy football is not what it was even 10-15 years ago. It has changed, and the factories have and will continue to have a HUGE talent advantage. Can we reduce the advantage some? Yes, but not enough to make the ultimate difference. Coaching acumen will be required for any chance of victories over the factories.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
One player ain't going to make it, but it is a start. To do what CGC is trying to do will require many more bodies, and they will need to be big and fast. If they are a little less than what UGAG and Clemson and etc. are getting, then he better be able to coach them up big time.
The OL depth and size is there for the class but I don’t think many of them come in right away and play especially with Lee and Cooper returning. There’s some real promise there though especially with Coach Key. Starting with Wing Green a 6’7 T that has to add weight, but has nice footwork. Michael Rankins is another one with offers and prowess but I think he has to take another step this offseason to be able to play next season. Something that will say a lot is if Tech is able to land a 1 and done or maybe even 2 Grad Transfer types that would allow us to redshirt and develop some guys. Another thing that should get Tech fans excited is class of 2021 player 6’6 OT Jakiah Leftwich from west lake. He’s pretty much a Tech lean already.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The OL depth and size is there for the classbut I don’t think many of them come in right away and play especially with Lee and Cooper returning. There’s some real promise there though especially with Coach Key. Starting with Wing Green a 6’7 T that has to add weight, but has nice footwork. Michael Rankins is another one with offers and prowess but I think he has to take another step this offseason to be able to play next season. Something that will say a lot is if Tech is able to land a 1 and done or maybe even 2 Grad Transfer types that would allow us to redshirt and develop some guys. Another thing that should get Tech fans excited is

Coach Key had much more to work with at Bammer. I will hold out my judgement of his coaching acumen until I see him do it with lesser talent. I am happy about the grad transfers - hope we can keep them eligible.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
One could argue The Citadel loss along with the uncompetitive nature of the last three games is showing the same thing
Maybe but I do think it’s unfair to not acknowledge Graham’s play, he has the tools to be an elite College Dual Threat QB. The offense as a whole is just going to get better every game and snap they play against P5 Competition and it starts with him at QB.