Duke Vs Ga Tech Recruiting since 2015

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Mack can recruit NC better than Duke. They have easier entrance requirements than Duke.
Wait a minute. UNC has entrance requirements? For athletes?

Well, of course, they don't; not really. Some may remember the truly heartbreaking tv show a few years ago where former UNC athletes confessed to having graduated as functional illiterates and having ambitions to become "maintenance staff" in the future. If Tech - or even Clemson - recruited like that it would be enough to get even the most rabid fan upset. And, of course, when they got hauled before the NCAA for this, they got off. Why, I hear you ask? Because the "courses of study" and attendance requirements for athletes had been certified by UNC faculty and administrators. The NCAA pointed out that they were there to sanction cheating on NCAA requirements for recruiting and progress to degree, not the willingness of institutions to graduate people who couldn't read. If UNC thought it was alright, then their rules left them no way to stop them.

This is why when we play UNC at home I always stand up at the start and yell, at the top of my lungs, "Shame on you! Shame on you all!" The reactions I've gotten from UNC fans are revealing: they know what I'm yelling about.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Lmao!!! UNC has to be the most overhyped 7-6 team I may have ever witnessed.
What did the win in 2018? Was it ... 2? Look, am a fan only in the sense that I want to see the ACC get a lot tougher, top to bottom, even FSU and Miami, the Houston Astros of the ACC. But Brown did a great job in nailing that program back together after Fedora wrecked it. I admire good coaching by almost any of them, except the guy from Ohio State who is a spoiled brat.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Mack can recruit NC better than Duke. They have easier entrance requirements than Duke. Mack is getting the best kids in NC so far. He will hurt NCSU more than Duke in recruiting NC. Mack will do very well recruiting. His ultimate success will depend on his assistants but he can recruit. Need to keep him away from GA kids. Will be interesting to see how long he coaches . I think UNC has more upside now than Duke.
Very true. But I can handle losing to Mack brown more than cutcliffe lol

UNC looked pretty decent last year. I don’t think Cut will be around much longer.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think Duke will stick with Cutt as long as he wants to stay. I have lots of friends that are Duke fans and they are not even entertaining firing him. They figure they can do a lot worse and he seems to be content where he is. He may coach a few more and retire on his own terms. He didn't have his style of QB last year and now with the Clemson QB he does. His problem is no quality depth so when they get injuries they tend to really drop off toward the end of the season. The only chance he leaves is if some big program hires him away but he has already turned down Tennessee and others that have made overtures . I think he coaches at least 5 more years.